Dyno Results: MPT + CR Stage 4 Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those turbos and manifolds are a big job.

to the tune of 2-3 full days of expert labor — not counting the tune.

E85 should be good for 650-700 horsepower.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that and doing whole front suspension at same time just had RPG finish my rear up did some trick stuff and deavers made me custom leafs you can all them +6HD lol

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you do drop shackles and long travel? You have to post the shocks through the bed? You’re a maniac with this stuff!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little update to wet the whistle.

My build is in the final stages. I’ll possibly have some numbers by next week.

We know one member here with the state 4 turbos did 530 horsepower and about 500 torque on a 5th gear pull, in a bullet proof safe tune. That’s pretty good stuff.

Let’s see where I end up.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have to pull the engine or cab? I've honestly not looked at it myself but in my younger days was know not to be opposed to yanking an engine day after if not same day the car was delivered. 16-24 actual hours of work is a lot for an experienced professional!

Last edited:

Turbotwins

Reaction score
STAGE4 800CRANK HP STOCK MOTOR....

Guys boost city did stage4 turbos manifolds turbo inlets Cai CAC, and on a 93 only tune made 694RWHP , 655RWTQ I don’t get all the 530rwhp talk unless you guys aren’t wanting to make anymore , plus the none HO gen2 has made over 530rwhp on stock turbos..

EB313D21-00B4-447F-A147-D1CD50AAB7FA.png

Turbotwins

Reaction score
It’s a conservative tune.

mike didn’t dial up the torque on the bottom really any more than he would with stock turbos. I’d be curious if he felt limited by the fuel system or if he was just trying to be extra safe with the drivetrain.

On the bottom there is room up to 600lb feet and theoretically, those turbos should be good for 550lb*ft on 93 octane.

They sure do flow nicely in the upper RPM range. Now it keeps building horsepower right to redline where as the stock turbos fall off.

It’s gotta be awfully fast.
A lot more than that ..there’s enough air for about 800 hp..posted proof of tuned 93..

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s impressive. I’ve not seen any numbers anywhere close to that for stage 4 turbos. I have a build nearly finished and is street tuned and going on the rollers again next week. All of those parts, kooks, AMS tubes. Intercooler. Etc. etc.

I’m not expecting anywhere close to that much and I’ve seen stage 5s on e85 not make that much.

unless they have some special sauce I’m not understanding where those numbers are coming from. Not that I don’t believe it... but I expected my build to come in around 550-600. Even CRP themselves puts a rating of 550 on the stage 4s.

Turbotwins

Reaction score
I'm sure that was meant for the OP. I have yet to get my stage 4s and manifolds on yet. Should be end of the month and on the dyno first week or so of Nov. Ill have a forged block so im not going to be limited to that torque number.
If you had gotten the stage5 you could of done 720rwhp ona 93 pref tune 690rwhp stage4 on 93 tune.. if you have head work then 750-800 or more on e85..the HP numbers seem to be low on some of the members trucks on this forum..
What’s crazy is how some guys get away with running 550-650 rwhp without issues others blow up ,it’s like the gen1 a crap shoot..