Dyno Results: MPT + CR Stage 4 Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hell. If all you need to do is rack up 1000 miles, bring it up here to Louisiana to me and I’ll knock those out really quick.
I’m very curious to see your results. It’s not that I need a 700 horsepower truck, but it’s nice to know it’s an option if I’m willing drop the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha!! I hear ya. I have a few more things to install like trac bars and bump stop kit then I can go pick her up.
Hopefully in a week or so. I have a base tune from Gearhead just get me to that 1000 miles. Its just to cover the HPFP and bigger turbos basically. Then Matt will really dial it in on the dyno. As soon as I have the results I will let yall know. Im interested to see to. Stay tuned.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job and thanks for pioneering this.
Stock or forged engines?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure.

I have a similar build going. It started end of October. I should have results in the next week.

stage 4 CR turbos
CR port matched exhaust manifolds
Kooks downpipes
AMS turbo adapters
AMS intake tubes
AFE CAI
Whipple Intercooler
Custom Dyno tune

I’m doing it with stock internals. I’m not going to let that be a limiting factor in this build. It the block goes up in smoke, I’ll replace it with a 4.2L stroker. If it doesn’t, it’ll give me and everyone else an idea of what is capable on stock internals.

The target is 580lb*ft of torque and 550 rear wheel horsepower on 93 octane. Assuming 20-25 percent drivetrain loss, that’s about 700 crank horsepower. Will we get there? Not sure.

baseline dyno run was 360’s stock, 440s tuned. 520’s tuned torque.

so the bulk of the increases here from the bigger turbos will likely be above 4,000RPM. The stock turbos always had tractor-like low-mid range and fell off up top. This should pull to red line.

we will find out

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forged. I have a RMB stage 2 long block with pocket ported heads.

That would make me feel better if i were to run those turbos, although i dont know how much the stock block can take.

Any drivetrain plans? I saw there was one company that makes those uprated asbestos clutches for the 10spd

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would make me feel better if i were to run those turbos, although i dont know how much the stock block can take.

Any drivetrain plans? I saw there was one company that makes those uprated asbestos clutches for the 10spd

Guy is doing a similar build but with stock block and internals as posted above. His will be able to tell what the stock stuff can handle.
I blew my stock motor so thats why I already upgraded.
With mine I should be able to tell what the stage 4 CRP turbos and manifolds can do.
No drive train plans yet....

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy is doing a similar build but with stock block and internals as posted above. His will be able to tell what the stock stuff can handle.
I blew my stock motor so thats why I already upgraded.
With mine I should be able to tell what the stage 4 CRP turbos and manifolds can do.
No drive train plans yet....

Yeh just saw that, hopefully it works out great for all

Heavyfoot88

Reaction score
Full disclosure.

I have a similar build going. It started end of October. I should have results in the next week.

stage 4 CR turbos
CR port matched exhaust manifolds
Kooks downpipes
AMS turbo adapters
AMS intake tubes
AFE CAI
Whipple Intercooler
Custom Dyno tune

I’m doing it with stock internals. I’m not going to let that be a limiting factor in this build. It the block goes up in smoke, I’ll replace it with a 4.2L stroker. If it doesn’t, it’ll give me and everyone else an idea of what is capable on stock internals.

The target is 580lb*ft of torque and 550 rear wheel horsepower on 93 octane. Assuming 20-25 percent drivetrain loss, that’s about 700 crank horsepower. Will we get there? Not sure.

baseline dyno run was 360’s stock, 440s tuned. 520’s tuned torque.

so the bulk of the increases here from the bigger turbos will likely be above 4,000RPM. The stock turbos always had tractor-like low-mid range and fell off up top. This should pull to red line.

we will find out
Awesome. Can’t wait to see the results.

Not to muddy up Dillard’s thread, but who tuned your truck initially to get you 440 whp and were you on 93?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth be told it was 447 I think. When it’s all done I’ll have the dyno graphs.

All will be revealed in time. :)

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally getting my stage 5 turbos and manifolds from CRP next week

had to order bunch other items for fuel system run E85 hope to have install done end of next week