Dyno Results: MPT + CR Stage 4 Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrm

Reaction score
Cha-ching, 530.6 RWP and 496.9 Torque. It is fast, and Mike and I spoke about keeping the low-end torque from going too high, which is the case. I can run it with up to E30 for about a 20HP gain without risk or need for HPFP.

Working with Mike at MPT was a real pleasure. He spent A LOT of time really dialing in this truck, since the CR manifolds and turbos are quite new and I think he was genuinely curious. I feel very confident that he got the curves as perfectly dialed in as they could be and didn't want to push the engine past it limits.

We first did 4 iterations of emailed tunes after data-logging before going on the dyno. On those last emailed tunes the numbers were 470.5 and 479.8. Before the turbos and manifolds were installed I had it dynoed and tuned by the wonderful Tony at Tuners Inc in JAX (around 430?). But since I think his bread and butter are coyote engines, I took up the advice of posters in this forum to try MPT.

I know people like goosetuned and MPT, and I can speak as highly as I could of MPT.

'19 Raptor, 48k miles, Roush CAI, tubes, Whipple intercooler (probably not the best choice), a thermostat, down pipes, cutbacks, a turbo adapter, CR Performance manifolds and turbos.

I initially was thinking 5star would provide the tune, but after calling 50 times with no answer, unanswered emails, no returns to any messages, even when my car was in shutdown mode (and I thought the car could blow up) after they sold me a faulty throttle body, I determined that with a more sophisticated setup with turbos, that they were not prepared (or willing) to do a good job. This was after I've spent like 5k on aftermarket stuff from them. I have heard other people have had similar problems and gave the owner an earful, and hopefully they can dramatically improve things. I'm still out $ from them (no working tunes, shipping back broken products, install labor).

I still know that the tune is primary, but now am becoming more of the opinion that all the CAI, intercooler, etc... really ONLY shine with new turbos. The only next thing would be full e85, a new HPFP and a new RMB short block. The wifey will nix that idea!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome!! Thats some nice numbers!! Cant wait to have mine installed. I should have mine done around first of next month. Im having Gearhead do my tuning. Can't wait!!!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to jump in because we have the same setup.

if I did it over again I’d go with a FMIC and have a tight winch mount front bumper with a nice heavy Warn winch.

More and more I want to prepare my truck for the apocalypse.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome, glad it all worked out. I bet that thing is a blast to drive, My last Raptor was probably 430hp tuned and I could only imagine 530. Lol

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jrm,

Of course higher numbers are great and all, but how does she drive? I'm not privy to how much larger these turbos are. Push your peak hp/torque back in the rpm range much?

Got a graph?

"...these are the things I need to know!"

OP
OP
J

jrm

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know exactly how my wife drives. (es, this is her car to drive around right now. Our other car is a vintage convertible sitting in the garage during rainy season while I make my way to the golf course in our cart. She says it's fast and quite smooth.

I only have driven it back from Orlando to Jax and it felt really quick and smooth.

Agree on the bumper/intercooler/winch. I already sunk some money in Rigid lights and a Whipple IC, so I'm just going to live with that for now.

Here's the graph. The lower line was the 4th remote tune. The higher lines after dyno tuning.

Now if I fill it up with 75/25 93 and e85, we can turn that 530 into 550, just in case peeling out at 60 wasn't harrowing enough.

Now I can outrun Pelosi's minions when then (eventually) attack our town. That's ultimately why I would recommend these turbos and an MPT tune to ya'll.

62431659870__3FCC26D2-DD6D-437C-9F0B-5E8264806704.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So peak torque is pushed back 500rpm and hp was still rising at the end of the run? I keep going back in forth on this truck. Bought an extended warranty. I NEVER have let $tealerships touch my vehicles in the past. But I'm thinking I'm either going to leave it mostly alone, or put the block on a stand. Been know to do that in the first week. If I do, will need turbos that flow enough to keep TRX's at bay, but do not detract from daily driving.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding results, it’s nice seeing some hard numbers from a turbo upgrade. I bet the truck is very fun to drive. I like that MPT kept the torque low to preserve the drivetrain. What psi are you hitting at max boost on your tune?

Also, I didn’t see a stage 4 setup on CR Performance’s site, only stage 3. Did you reach out to them directly to discuss different options?