Dyno proven power | Mountaintop Tuning Turbo Flange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Pony Parts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We finally got around to installing the Mountaintop Tuning high flow turbo adapters onto your Raptor and took it to the Dyno to see how much of a difference they actually made, and for a straight bolt on the part they made pretty good power. I'm sure the numbers will be even greater with supporting mods.
If youre interested in this kit, you can click here to learn more

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size is the outlet on the SPD adapters ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does not appear to be a very easy "DIY" modification, I'll have to find a mechanic on the Central Coast that would be willing to tackle this.

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That does not appear to be a very easy "DIY" modification, I'll have to find a mechanic on the Central Coast that would be willing to tackle this.
It's not the easier job to do, but if you follow our video it can be done over the weekend.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install video is alright I guess, other than it completely skips the most difficult part of the install (IMO), which is extracting the studs out of the turbo. Never heard of anyone getting lucky enough that they back the studs out at the same time as when they loosen the nuts.

I did the SPD turbo adapters right when I got my truck and I actually just took them off (I am cheap and didn't like the price hike from $120 to $190) a couple of days ago to trade in my truck today on a 2019 order. I will reuse them for my 2019. First time it probably took me 3 hours for the install and this past time I did it in less than 2. There is really no need to remove any of the exhaust from the truck (unless you want to) as long as you have a torch, plenty of different extensions/wobbles, stud extractor, and impact wrench. I used 2 clamps to pull the exhaust toward the rear of the truck to make enough space to get the turbo adapters out once the studs were extracted. Really wasn't that hard of a job and again, only thing I actually removed to gain access was the ********* plate under the truck.

If anyone is near Columbia, SC I am always willing to help.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Install video is alright I guess, other than it completely skips the most difficult part of the install (IMO), which is extracting the studs out of the turbo. Never heard of anyone getting lucky enough that they back the studs out at the same time as when they loosen the nuts.

I did the SPD turbo adapters right when I got my truck and I actually just took them off (I am cheap and didn't like the price hike from $120 to $190) a couple of days ago to trade in my truck today on a 2019 order. I will reuse them for my 2019. First time it probably took me 3 hours for the install and this past time I did it in less than 2. There is really no need to remove any of the exhaust from the truck (unless you want to) as long as you have a torch, plenty of different extensions/wobbles, stud extractor, and impact wrench. I used 2 clamps to pull the exhaust toward the rear of the truck to make enough space to get the turbo adapters out once the studs were extracted. Really wasn't that hard of a job and again, only thing I actually removed to gain access was the ********* plate under the truck.

If anyone is near Columbia, SC I am always willing to help.

Would you mind coming out to Santa Barbara?