Dyno comparison results for my 2017 stock tune vs MPT PR-X 93 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate who is MPT? My 17 is tuned by brewcity boost however I'm looking for other option as I think my truck is way faster on the sports mode that the custom tune. I currenly have an SCT unit and would like to keep using that. However, I'm also open to other options if they are worth it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I tune I want to get 450 at the wheels… anyone getting that here?
I have seen dyno #s showing that- my 2018 made 438whp w/ a Gearhead 93 octane tune. Every dyno is different- I wouldn’t be so concerned w/ the final # as the delta between stock & tuned along w/ real world performance data like 1/4 mile improvement.

Tbh…one of the reasons the TRX or the R don’t really intrigue me all that much is b/c I simply don’t see needing the extra 100whp either of those provides over a tuned 3.5HO Raptor, it’s PLENTY fast for the street or off-road or anything in between- way more power than anyone needs & the TQ figures seem to be damn near equal or BETTER than stock TRX or R, then there’s the MPGs- the tuned 3.5HO will give ya a solid 5mpg better

I like a V8 as much as anyone, but a tuned 3.5HO is like Goldilocks porridge- just right haha

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen dyno #s showing that- my 2918 made 438whp w/ a Gearhead 93 octane tune. Every dyno is different- I wouldn’t be so concerned w/ the final # as the delta between stock & tuned along w/ real world performance data like 1/4 mile improvement.

Tbh…one of the reasons the TRX or the R don’t really intrigue me all that much is b/c I simply don’t see needing the extra 100whp either of those provides over a tuned 3.5HO Raptor, it’s PLENTY fast for the street or off-road or anything in between- way more power than anyone needs & the TQ figures seem to be damn near equal or BETTER than stock TRX or R, then there’s the MPGs- the tuned 3.5HO will give ya a solid 5mpg better

I like a V8 as much as anyone, but a tuned 3.5HO is like Goldilocks porridge- just right haha
This x eleventybillion

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen dyno #s showing that- my 2918 made 438whp w/ a Gearhead 93 octane tune. Every dyno is different- I wouldn’t be so concerned w/ the final # as the delta between stock & tuned along w/ real world performance data like 1/4 mile improvement.

You know what? I like the way you think.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

PREACH!!!
:happy160:

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Seems like there are plenty tuners out there and plenty of parts for all of us to choose from. For what its worth I went with a COBB stock location intercooler which dwarfs the stock one while retaining the fans. A once over on the actual intercooler says its a solid unit. Only so much innovation to be had with intercoolers in my opinion. I changed my bumper so the shroud and flaps are long gone. GooseTuned is the man though. Incredible support and the truck feels amazing. I dont think anyone could go wrong with any tune. wakes everything up just enough.

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are plenty tuners out there and plenty of parts for all of us to choose from. For what its worth I went with a COBB stock location intercooler which dwarfs the stock one while retaining the fans. A once over on the actual intercooler says its a solid unit. Only so much innovation to be had with intercoolers in my opinion. I changed my bumper so the shroud and flaps are long gone. GooseTuned is the man though. Incredible support and the truck feels amazing. I dont think anyone could go wrong with any tune. wakes everything up just enough.
I installed the CV Titan2 in the stock location a few weeks after I added the MPT 93 tune. I still have stock bumpers but I was able to fit it on my 2017 by removing the shroud around the shutters, and THEN cutting away just a bit more plastic where the shroud snapped on. The shutters still operate, but are very close to the front of the IC now. Gen3 owners are reporting no need to cut any additional plastic, just remove the shroud.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the CV Titan2 in the stock location a few weeks after I added the MPT 93 tune. I still have stock bumpers but I was able to fit it on my 2017 by removing the shroud around the shutters, and THEN cutting away just a bit more plastic where the shroud snapped on. The shutters still operate, but are very close to the front of the IC now. Gen3 owners are reporting no need to cut any additional plastic, just remove the shroud.
I never messed w/ an aftermarket IC but if I was going to would def be one of the stock location designs like Wagner/CVF/mishimoto etc I forget all the brands that had that design

I don’t see much need for the IC upgrade living in New England only few months outta the year where Mother Nature isn’t giving a helping hand in keeping the engine cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelrmz