Dyno comparison results for my 2017 stock tune vs MPT PR-X 93 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 has 62K miles on it and I finally decided to get a tune. My transmission has been doing the "bump" when I place it in D for awhile. I took it in to Ford service about a year ago for the same issue and they reflashed the transmission and it cleared it up, but it came back recently. I decided to get a tune for performance improvements and so that I could reflash the transmission at will should I need to. I just got back from the dyno and the HP and Torque gains from the PR-X 93 tune are significant. We ran 1 pull on the stock tune, and 2 pulls on the PR-X 93 tune.

Stock Tune HP 335 Torque 377
MPT PR-X 93 HP 411 Torque 515

Truck is stock other than S&B CAI. This is running 93 octane on all pulls.

IMG_3370.PNG

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Pretty Impressive!

How do you like your S & B CAI? Which Model # did you get and would you buy it again?

Am considering an S & B CIA for my '19 Raptor (75-5122D with Dry Filter)

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your transmission is jerky at all reflash it and drive it very easy for a couple days for the transmission to learn. It should drive like butter afterwards.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet man! What was ambient temp? I bet if you put on a good IC you will get another 30 hp. Edit: I also think the 17 is limited with the ever so smaller turbos. Maybe someone can correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet man! What was ambient temp? I bet if you put on a good IC you will get another 30 hp. Edit: I also think the 17 is limited with the ever so smaller turbos. Maybe someone can correct me if im wrong.
It was about 50 degrees at the time. I am considering an intercooler in the near future.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was about 50 degrees at the time. I am considering an intercooler in the near future.
How do you like driving it? Intercooler upgrade not needed in the sub zero temps if youre up
North…. I assume you could wait until Summer.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Btw i still cant get over the drivetrain loss vs rated crank hp on these trucks.