Dyno catback/muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of research about performance gains from an after market exhaust system. In the end, I am looking to get a throatier tone from the v6 more akin to v8. Was set for a chambered design muffler until I saw one post where it lost low in power on dyno but gained on the upper end vs stock.

So if anyone would be so kind as to post or link sound/dyno mods from 2017 Raptor exhaust, that would be appreciated.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Can't give you dyno # off a truck that's not out yet, but I can tell you the Black Widow "Race Venom's" are 10 CFM lower than a piece of straight pipe! And the Widow Makers are 6 cfm's less on a bench flow machine!!!!

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to guess, there will be more power found in downpipe upgrades than in cat-back upgrades... especially considering that the exhaust is 3" true duals.

In regard to the sound... eh, whatevs. As long as it doesn't sound like an import with a fart can (or RubyRed's inner tube exhaust), I'm cool. In regard to exhaust sound, I have two requirements:

1) I need to be able to place my order at a drive-through without turning off the vehicle

2) I need to be able to hold a conversation in a normal tone of voice while cruising at any speed

BONUS if it sounds as though I cracked open the gates of hell when at WOT.

Really, the best solution that I have found is GM's dual mode exhaust... nice and quiet at idle and cruise, with muffler bypass butterflies that open at high throttle opening/high RPM.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really, the best solution that I have found is GM's dual mode exhaust... nice and quiet at idle and cruise, with muffler bypass butterflies that open at high throttle opening/high RPM.

Those exhausts are mega bucks!!!