DVD players?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone installed or thought about installing some type of DVD player in their Raptor? I'm thinking I am going to sell off my HD truck and T-type Regal to buy my Raptor but on the off hand chance I sell the Tahoe I may need a DVD player for road trips. The DVD unit in our Tahoe and Enclave makes long road trips easier with kids..not to mention me when it's time to switch drivers:mrgreen:

So has anyone installed or thought about installing a DVD player?

Thanks,

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not something I'm interested in but for those that are I'm sure there are some options. One of them includes the LockPick NAV override wherein you can watch DVDs on the touchscreen while someone else ;) is driving.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not something I'm interested in but for those that are I'm sure there are some options. One of them includes the LockPick NAV override wherein you can watch DVDs on the touchscreen while someone else ;) is driving.

Oh so that is what people are talking about with those Lock Picks. I was really wondering about that one lol.

Anyhow, so does this mean you can watch movies with the NAV system while parked or do you still need the lock pick codes?

Thanks,

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LockPick is a plug and play device that requires disconnecting certain connectors from your factory navigation head unit. The LockPick allows for watching DVDs on the factory screen while in motion and it also allows for manual usage of the rear-view camera. It basically overrides the safety factors built into the factory navigation head unit. You can find more information HERE.

In order to have rear seat video there are a few choices. If you vehicle is without sunroof you could possible go with an overhead unit although I don't know how well the viewing angle will be for back seat passengers. There is also a kit that has two monitors that strap to the rear headrest and uses one dvd player...this is considered a portable kit. The other option would be to buy new headrest that have the monitors built in for more of a factory look and then drive both monitors off of a single dvd player...such as the ones listed HERE.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
:eek:
The LockPick is a plug and play device that requires disconnecting certain connectors from your factory navigation head unit. The LockPick allows for watching DVDs on the factory screen while in motion and it also allows for manual usage of the rear-view camera. It basically overrides the safety factors built into the factory navigation head unit. You can find more information HERE.

In order to have rear seat video there are a few choices. If you vehicle is without sunroof you could possible go with an overhead unit although I don't know how well the viewing angle will be for back seat passengers. There is also a kit that has two monitors that strap to the rear headrest and uses one dvd player...this is considered a portable kit. The other option would be to buy new headrest that have the monitors built in for more of a factory look and then drive both monitors off of a single dvd player...such as the ones listed HERE.

Dear Lord! Just watched the installation video for LockPick. It would be nice but there's no way I'm doing that to my brand new $45K truck.:eek:

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does seem rather intense. However someone on another site said they completed it in 15 minutes. I cannot vouch for that person though.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you can only watch a dvd on the touch screen if you have the lock pick and not just throw a DVD in and watch it while the truck is in park right?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you can only watch a dvd on the touch screen if you have the lock pick and not just throw a DVD in and watch it while the truck is in park right?

You can watch a DVD on the factory unit only when in Park.....safety feature.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Dear Lord! Just watched the installation video for LockPick. It would be nice but there's no way I'm doing that to my brand new $45K truck.:eek:

LOL.... that's the same think I thought the first time I watched it. I ain't afraid of nuthin... and that scares me half to death!

Falcon