Dust Devil Jamboree Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tink I mentioned ..elsewhere (don't remember) but I sure looks like the RA boys dialed in that jump ...well, ALOT by the time I came along. Out of 20ish trucks none nose dived like that off of the jump they had for us. (these are the worst of the bunch)
PGP40983.jpg

Attachments

• PGP31723.jpg
    PGP31723.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 2
  • PGP41036.jpg
    PGP41036.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 2

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
....so where are the "landing" shots? Just how much squish does a three foot launch create?
Depends on what you measure to I guess, but I wouldn’t say 3ft for me, top of the cab at ride height vs jump, I guess could be close.

Here are a few from that weekend. Put a few full stuff ones in there since you asked. F1F82619-81D9-46A3-9D65-6BA9E8A4C9DD.jpeg

11A2E63E-6626-4185-9EDE-FC4195F68A15.jpeg
A43B8508-7AA6-4587-AE98-18772FC57A30.jpegE0AE6E33-3444-4B71-A841-86B71A4C228C.jpegF7A906C4-BA36-4AFD-87ED-93F19BEC6A34.jpeg

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! ...what a hoot that would be. Does look like it used up all available travel in the front though. Sidewalls still have some room. I would guess that is about max for a Raptor without causing damage.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! ...what a hoot that would be. Does look like it used up all available travel in the front though. Sidewalls still have some room. I would guess that is about max for a Raptor without causing damage.
Thing is, there isn’t a speed or height you can jump and be safe. Depends on the jump itself, how much weight your running around with, speed, how the driver drives, etc. The jumps at Durhamtown, especially GP are really nice, so you can go pretty big and it is fairly soft.

Also I’m not exactly stock either. The best I can tell I have a bit over 14” up front with the rubber bump stop. I didn’t touch a single tube on the shocks, just wanted to get some seat time on the new setup and The setup was a little soft too go real big. That and I don’t have hydraulic bumps up front at the moment.

Funny thing on the tires, I aired down to like 30psi or 32psi at 8:00am and in the afternoon I was at like 40lbs. So they stiffened back up on me.

Truck jumps a lot different then it used to. The extra droop travel makes it feel a ton different.

Here is one from 2020 when I was basically stock minus bumpstops in the rear.

F645A326-CC72-48F4-B8F9-B7AE0FECB7A2.jpeg

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your correct, many things contribute to overall "jump quality". After riding dirtbikes for 40+ years. I understand the nuances but looking from a pure physics point of view one can get an overall impression. Take that last photo. Note what a nice gradual run out your heading for. If that was flat ground! Ouch! Too bad I don't still live in Georgia, now it's one hellava drive but I would love to spend a few days there.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your correct, many things contribute to overall "jump quality". After riding dirtbikes for 40+ years. I understand the nuances but looking from a pure physics point of view one can get an overall impression. Take that last photo. Note what a nice gradual run out your heading for. If that was flat ground! Ouch! Too bad I don't still live in Georgia, now it's one hellava drive but I would love to spend a few days there.
Yea, so those tracks at Durhamtown are technically side by side race tracks. They have been there for a bit and pretty taken care of. GP has “motor cross style” jumps (probably 10 per lap) and Turbo has natural features that you jump. Both are fun, but GP is a blast. Big jump at GP will let you get away with a lot. My truck in 2020 would come back off the ground on rebound after landing hard. Now is a bit of a different story, those full bottom landings would just come back up to ride height, but like I said no longer apples to apples.

Fly in for the next event, I’m sure everyone there would give you a ride around. Still probably would have to register though….