Duratrac on OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard a lot of cupping issues with Duratrac tires.
I had them on my gen 1 Roush supercharged truck for 36k miles and didn’t have any issues at all. About to put them on my 19 too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going with Duratracs when it’s time to replace the KO2’s. Had a set of 325/60/20’s on my Super Duty and they lasted almost 70k. Rotate them every oil change and they will wear evenly and not get too loud.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve heard a lot of cupping issues with Duratrac tires.
The guys at the tire shop informed me that my stock KO2's were cupping @ 4K miles when I had them swapped over to my new wheels.

Finnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys at the tire shop informed me that my stock KO2's were cupping @ 4K miles when I had them swapped over to my new wheels.

I don’t doubt it. I think it has a lot to do with aggressive driving. My work truck had them and they cupped but that truck(Expedition) gets driven HARD.

I have a friend with Duratracs on a Wrangle and hasn’t had any issues.

I really believe it’s how they are broken in when new and how aggressive they are used with regards to braking, acceleration and hard turns.

Just my opinion of course.

Whaler27

Reaction score
I 've run the KO2s on many trucks and Jeeps and they've been great tires. My only complaint is they are prone to hydroplane when you hit puddles on the interstate, because the tread pattern doesn't evacuate water as quickly as a tire with larger gaps in the tread pattern. I floated in our F-350 crew cab twice while running 35x12.50 16.5s,; That's a MUCH heavier truck with a 1,000 pound tool box in the back, so it's less prone to hydroplane.

I've only run one set of Duratracs, and that was on a Toyota Tundra we had for two years. We ran the Duratracs studded in the winter, and they were fantastic. Much les prone to hydroplane, and much better in deeper snow and/or mud than the KO2s. I just ordered a set of the Duratracs for the Raptor. They're getting studded too, so that's what I'll run in the winter. The KO2s go back on in the summer.

** I installed an EZlift kit on the Raptor so I could run the 37" studded Grabbers that had been on the Wrangler (because we were using the raptor much more in the snow). After all the hassle of swapping wheels we discovered the 37s rubbed badly and were a BIG mistake for other reasons. It was a stupid and expensive error to mount 37s -- so the Grabbers are going back on the Jeep when the Duratracs arrive.

Last edited:

Whaler27

Reaction score
Speaking of break in; do you guys rotate your tires and if so, how often? Front to back? Crisscross?
Yes, every 5,000 miles. Rotation is essential to maximizing tire life. Rotation pattern varies, but if the particular tires are not directional, and it's a 4x4 vehicle, an X-pattern works.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always done my own 5 tire rotations on all trucks and suvs at 5k intervals max.

Spare to right rear, right rear to right front, right front to left rear, left rear to left front, and left front to spare. Plan the same pattern with 6 tire rotation for the Raptor.

General Grabber AT2s/Nitto Terra n Ridge ATs/KO2s/Firestone MTs/Fierce Attitude MTs... forget what all else. Pretty sure every set I got bored of before wearing down enough tread to require replacement (50-70k on most all I think). Granted a few of them chunked the worst being the E rated Firestone MTs with whole lugs getting ripped off. Funny thing is that the lugs never pulled rubber out below the min tread depth so a little balancing and carried on. That was well over 50k. Those were given to my son who ran them I forget how many miles more on his truck.

Point is people drastically underestimate the benefit of frequent rotations, proper pressure, and an extra tire in the mix.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I have no experience with them, may give the Duratracs a try when the time comes. I play a lot less than I used to, and definitely not as HARD.