Duratrac on OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I briefly considered Duratracs as well.

Here are a few things to consider when purchasing.

1. You’ll look like a MOPAR product.

2. Beyond light off-road, they have been known to shred. The weight savings comes at the expense of sidewall toughness.

3. They also have been known to chunk.

4. They get louder and louder with age.

5. Did I mention you’ll look like a MOPAR product?

Rotational inertia is real. With a tune you won’t notice the different behind the wheel, however.

Duratracs I believe are a great tire but are lighter duty. If you aren’t going off road much and aren’t doing a lot of more serious off road... I don’t think you can go wrong with them, the generals or the Ko2s.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2. Beyond light off-road, they have been known to shred. The weight savings comes at the expense of sidewall toughness.

Rotational inertia is real. With a tune you won’t notice the different behind the wheel, however.

Duratracs I believe are a great tire but are lighter duty. If you aren’t going off road much and aren’t doing a lot of more serious off road... I don’t think you can go wrong with them, the generals or the Ko2s.
Why MOPAR and not GM?

Never would have figured you for an FCA hater! Especially with all your complimentary comments on the RAM interior in the other thread ;-)

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every tire has pros and cons. The only con on that list I've experienced with Duratracs is they are a little louder than KO2s, but they are better than KO2s in almost every other way.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh don’t get me wrong... I’m not a brand loyal guy. I’ll gladly buy a dodge or Chevy truck when one strikes a note. Just dodge and Jeep love their good years.

:)

Why MOPAR and not GM?

Never would have figured you for an FCA hater! Especially with all your complimentary comments on the RAM interior in the other thread ;-)

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dewman. Any rubbing with duratracs and venomrex wheels. If no, do you run any modifications up front like collars.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dewman. Any rubbing with duratracs and venomrex wheels. If no, do you run any modifications up front like collars.
Yes, there was a little bit of rubbing with stock suspension. Would have taken very little trimming, but I decided to just go back to the stock wheels and spare my truck the additional wear and tear on the rest of the components (bearings, ball joints etc). After several decades of modding every one of my vehicles to some extent, I'm gonna drive this one how the engineers intended it to be lol

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

JLUR comes with K02s, as have winter package Jeeps for several years.

Duratracs are OEM on some Silverados.

Duratrac > K02.