Dune running with beadlock + beauty ring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys-- New to the beadlock tech and found it really interesting. The only issue is the actual work to convert them back and forth from beauty ring to true beadlock and vice versa. I'll probably give a go a few times but I'm sure I'll get sick of the work at some point and I my offroading is mainly beach running to go surf fishing.

Question: Could I run in soft sand with the beadlock capable wheels + beauty ring at say 18-20 PSI?

Not opposed installing true-headlock ring but not a huge fan of spending a few hours to switch them back and forth every weekend or so. Any advantages to just running with the beauty ring vs. the standard base wheel? Sounds silly, I know, but curious of your thoughts. thanks.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes, I've ran it down to 14 PSI. Just don't take corners sharp or making tight donuts in the sand. With a true beadlock, you can get it down into single digits.

Yes, switching back in forth is a pain and not practical. Either have another set of wheels/tires with true beadlock to change out or run true beadlocks all the time. Technically it is not DOT approved and not recommended by anyone but a lot of guys do it and have no issues. Just check the torque on the bolts often and you should be okay.

Hope that helps.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spending most of my time in pismo i always ran 20psi. i was on beadlock and was down to 12. but 20psi is a good number to start. anything lower and you run the risk or tearing out a fenderliner. if you are just cruising around you wont need to worry about it, but if you are jumping check your fenderliners and if you are doing serious drifting, dont go below 20. you can lose a bead. you can drop psi if you get stuck so you can get out, but i always aried back up to 20 afterwards. as a big time sand guy, i tend to push hard out there so i dont go below 20.