Dumb Question of the Day: What Happens If I Disconnect The Battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to hardwire in a dashcam, run the wires behind the A pillar airbag, and I'd like to disconnect power. What am I going to have to reset? Anyone poked behind the A pillar with the power on? I'd prefer to disconnect power but don't want to spend all day trying to get my seat memory positions, radio stations, etc back.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
what happens when you disconnect power? well, for starters, the truck wont start.

as far as bad things, nothing. all of your settings will stay. It will reset the keep-alive memory ( KAM ), which is also generally how you clear DTCs if you don't have a tuner or scanner.

RickB

Reaction score
I hardwired mine to s switched fuse in the fuse box with tap-a-fuse...very easy. I'd have to get back in the glove compartment to see what fuse I tapped into...did it to my 2019 and my 2018 Raptors...no issues. Use an ****** 360c hardwire kit. Ran the wires under my center console and up the driver side A pillar since I wanted to put the radar controller under my ignition start switch.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hardwired mine to s switched fuse in the fuse box with tap-a-fuse...very easy. I'd have to get back in the glove compartment to see what fuse I tapped into...did it to my 2019 and my 2018 Raptors...no issues. Use an ****** 360c hardwire kit. Ran the wires under my center console and up the driver side A pillar since I wanted to put the radar controller under my ignition start switch.

I have the HW kit and two tap-a-fuses...parking mode requires switched and unswitched power and, considering the fuse box is on the passenger side footwell, I'll just run down that A-pillar behind the airbag and zip tie everything so it stays behind the bag. I also have a rear-facing camera, but need to spend some time figuring how I'm gonna run that wire.