Dumb Question about 802A & Cobb Accessport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've only had this truck for about two weeks, but I have my accessport ready to go on this weekend with the CAI from Cobb. My question is, how do I turn the ignition on to marry the accessport to the ecu? do I just get the key out of the fob and stick it in the cupholder thingy?

I did try searching, but I don't think I've found anyone as dumb as me on this one?

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks! Does it have a time limit in that mode? It's not going to do anything weird when I'm flashing the ECU is it?

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't push the brake, but push the start button one time. That will put you in ACC mode

^This

Interesting. Thanks! Does it have a time limit in that mode? It's not going to do anything weird when I'm flashing the ECU is it?

Having the car 'on' but the engine not running probably has a time limit, but it'll be a pretty long time and will not interfere with the flash. When you are ready to install the Accessport, get the OBD-II cable plugged in and connected to the car/Accessport. Hit the start button once with your foot off of the brake. The AP will power on. Navigate to the install menu, proceed through the prompts on the AP. When the AP begins flashing, you'll notice that most of the car's electronics will turn off - the A/C fans will stop blowing, the instrument cluster will go dark, etc. Not to worry here - this is just how the truck is designed to behave during a flash. Just keep an eye on the Accessport during the install and follow the directions on the screen. When the AP prompts you to turn the key to the 'off' position, again just hit the start button once with your foot off of the brake. If you have any problems during the install (unlikely), give our customer service line a call and they will be able to walk you through any trouble you're experiencing. CSR phone line is open M-F, 9am-6pm CST.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all went fine. I put the pedal mode back down to zero. Seemed a little twitchy to me at the preset 3. I like the way it drove stock tbh.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy. I just finished my intake install yesterday as well. I tuned it the day before. My main tune was programmed pedal at zero, and I moved it to 3 and back to zero. I don't think I understand the pedal logic of nonlinear pedal mechanics. Still haven't got to push it that much. Haha

Last edited:

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's crazy. I just finished my intake install yesterday as well. I tuned it the day before. My main tune was programmed pedal at zero, and I moved it to 3 and back to zero. I don't think I understand the pedal logic of nonlinear pedal mechanics. Still haven't got to push it that much. Haha

Here is a link with a helpful info-graphic that shows how pedal sensitivity changes with the DPC system:
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...eatures+Dynamic+Pedal+Control+for+Ford+Raptor