Dude's 2017 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Tires- At about 8,000 miles the tires started chunking like crazy. At 11,000 they were toast so I ordered some new ones. Right now I'm running the spares until I can put my new ones on.

Wheels- Getting some new ones

GPS- Gonna try leadnav and mobarmor GPS. I have a leftover iPad gps setup from my old RZR that I never used so I'm going to give it a shot. I've been using Lowrance for maybe 6 years now and they're still a PITA so we'll see how the iPad works out.

Suspension- I want a prerunner more than ever now so I think I'll just do a stock width suspension kit with fiberglass so maybe I'll be able to start on a prerunner this year.

Lighting- I need more distance lighting for when I'm going fast at night. I think I'll try switching my lens patterns around and swap out my XL80s for the XLs with lasers when they come out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Added pictures and videos to the op. Went to pismo for the mob armor mob meet. Got to meet up with a few people, grab some free stuff. Also I think a nice side effect of the bump stops is the tires aren’t eating up the bedsides as much under compression.

Last edited:

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude1782,
When you have a vacuum leak the IWE's default to locking thus you are having the wheels stuck in 4wd at the IWE's.
The transfer case provides power to the front differential. If the transfer case is not putting power to the front axle, whether the IWE's are or are not engaged you have 2wd. If the IWE's are locked...NO vacuum/vacuum leak...and the 4 wd selector is in the right position and you are still in 2 wd you are pushing the front differential/drivetrain; your problem is in the transfer case/electronics/broken front axle shaft...
Vacuum leak=IWE's locked in the 4WD position!

Eddie