Dual King shocks, Whipple, and more...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most of you that follow us on Facebook and Instagram have already seen these. But we wanted to share the build we did for @hutchinson2674 with everyone here on FRF.

This build started out as just doing mid perch and headers, but things quickly escalated. Next thing you know he wanted dual Kings in front, a Whipple, 3.5" King shocks through the bed, matte white wrap and more.

Mods:

Dual King 3.0 shocks with finned reservoirs

King 3.5 shocks in rear

RPG LCA

RPG UCA

RPG Tie Rods

RPG PSR

RPG Rear shock cage

National Springs

ADD Stealth bumpers (Front and rear)

ADD side steps

Rigid lighting

Raptor Retrofit Headlights

Recon tail lights

Matte white wrap

Carbon fiber wrap on hood and roof

Whipple super charge in Ford Racing blue

4.88 gears

Axle Exchange Drive Shaft

Stainless Works headers

Magnaflow cat back

20" Fuel Trophy wheels

37x13.50 20 Toyo MT

Glassworks Fenders and bedsides

EBC rotors and pads all around (SS lines)

and more...

Edited-0434_zpsaf6a15cc.jpg

Edited-0464_zpsd03817fe.jpg

Edited-0468_zps8ff8d388.jpg

Edited-0520_zps72931d13.jpg

Edited-0519_zps336bfd24.jpg

Edited-0293_zpsa549905b.jpg

ScreenShot2014-07-03at103846AM_zpsd5ff1e41.png

ScreenShot2014-07-03at104056AM_zps5fbc5a8a.png

Edited-0359_zpsf7c5037d.jpg

Last edited:

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking build! Still waiting to come across the right deal then I will be heading y'alls way

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks sweet!

I believe the front bumper is Stealth model. It definitely doesn't look like the Venom bumpers I have, but I'll be happy to trade my Venom for that bad ass front bumper.

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That looks sweet!

I believe the front bumper is Stealth model. It definitely doesn't look like the Venom bumpers I have, but I'll be happy to trade my Venom for that bad ass front bumper.

Haha, thanks. Must have had Venom on my mind.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ ditto!

Nice build. You don't see kings on here too often. When I upgrade, that's the route I'm going

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ ditto!

Nice build. You don't see kings on here too often. When I upgrade, that's the route I'm going

You don't see them because their coilovers are somewhat narrow in tuning focus. They can be setup for offroad or for on road comfort, but not both.
Their new internal bypass coilovers are the exception, but I've not seen any in actual use yet, so that would be not fun to tune initially.
You can get away with kings (I'm running them) on a dual setup because the coilover is valved much lighter, and the secondary bypass does the majority of the damping, and being a bypass, gives you the ability to soften the ride zone nicely.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't see them because their coilovers are somewhat narrow in tuning focus. They can be setup for offroad or for on road comfort, but not both.

Their new internal bypass coilovers are the exception, but I've not seen any in actual use yet, so that would be not fun to tune initially.

You can get away with kings (I'm running them) on a dual setup because the coilover is valved much lighter, and the secondary bypass does the majority of the damping, and being a bypass, gives you the ability to soften the ride zone nicely.

I see. Have you always ran the dual front setup? I was thinking of just going single coil over up front, and 90% of my driving is on road. So I guess the way to go is the internal bypass up front for the single shock setup?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. Have you always ran the dual front setup? I was thinking of just going single coil over up front, and 90% of my driving is on road. So I guess the way to go is the internal bypass up front for the single shock setup?

Yes, I ran RPG tuned fox 3.0's and Icon 3.0's as well.
Fox's win hands down for widest performance envelope.
The icons are livable if you have pretty good pavement, and then are full bore when offroad. They're a bit rough at lower speeds offroad though.

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks, we sell a good amount of Kings. It really comes down to the customer's preference. Some like Fox, some Icon and others King. We've ran them all and they all have their strengths.