Dsp input /output voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B&O system head units can be turned all the way up with no clipping.
yes ,but you are forgetting about the modified fletcher munsen curve thats applied. once you get past about 70% on the volume scale, the curve becomes more present. so even if you arent clipping (which i havent tested on the b&o) the eq curve set in place will modify the original signal to the point where there is substantial audible differences, and then trying to make up for the loss in frequencies through a sound processor makes the sound become more "manufactured" instead of natural. besides, its never good to run things at 100% you then lose any chance of dynamic heardoom in the sound system. most sq competitions will be judged around 25-30% volume depending on how loud i want to hear the music that day. but never above half volume. even with aftermarket equipment, running everything at max, gives you no room for improvement. and then the audible issues you will have.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I have not, I was repeating information provided to me from Sounds Good Stereo.
yea, mine clipped at 28 ,40 hz at 28 ,and 29 at 1 kh .that being said u never really want to turn it up all the way to set gains ,either u set to 75 percent ,or 1 volume step before clipping ,and use - db 5 or 10, I use a scope ,it squeezes a little more than using a dd1 ,or even lesser ,a dmm