DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
DSC Sport

Out of curiosity, I have Deaver HD+2 springs out back (+450 pound weight capacity). Have you guys specifically tuned for Deavers HDs?
We have not tuned specifically for the Deavers specifically. However we have had customers already with similar setups. They said the calibration felt fantastic out of the box with their setup. And then was improved even further when reseting the ride heights with our tuning software

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
To DSC Sport,

I ordered the DSC module yesterday and have a question about the hellwig rear swaybar. Would the bar be a redundant addition to the module, or does the module provide the same advantages? I do not tow, nor off-road heavily, and feel the module may be an even better option than adding hard parts to my truck. Or, do you think the combo would be beneficial?
Exactly as BoostCreep said above! Hard parts such as a sway bar wouldn't be redundant as they still carry the same benefits with or without our module. However if someone were to ask me about the order to do things, I would side with doing the DSC controller first and see how the ride feels before stacking on other parts. And then if you still want more out of it then get the sway bars.

TX RNmedic

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies! I will try the module first. My hope is to gain the benefit of having a rear sway bar by using the controller while maintaining the current maximum rear axle articulation.

ktide09

Reaction score
Special thanks to the DSC Sport team for my newly acquired controller (on the truck above). The team is amazing and they really know performance racing. That was exactly what I was looking for. I showed up, asked a bunch of questions, they answered every one and installed my controller + zeroed.

Summary: The controller is simply amazing! I noticed the better handling immediately (literally as I was pulling away from their shop in the rain). This was exactly what I wanted in driving behavior with the live valve technology. it almost feels like it was designed/tuned for the track.

Context: I have a pretty stock 19' Raptor daily with the exception of the VenomRex 17 wheels (special thanks to nick@apollo-optics) and the Ford Performance by Borla exhaust cat back. My goal was to achieve better handling in urban environments and off-roading while keeping the truck as close to stock as possible. i live in a urban area and use the truck to drive /transport parts to various military installations. I'll be honest, I drive my Raptor in urban areas pretending it is almost like the Baja 1000--mostly b/c the potholes and other landmarks/drivers demand aggressive driving--especially where I live :) . I don't plan to do much towing or overlanding b/c i have another rig for that. I just wanted a fun truck for street and occasional off-roading. And, i didn't want to mess with the geometry much e.g. suspension,springs,leafs,etc.

Analysis: top noticeable characteristics with the controller-- 1. cornering (wow, is it fun not to wobble all over. it almost feels like enhanced damping), 2. braking (the nose is not all over the place like before. my son thought I switched the front springs out when I gave him a test drive) 3. pothole absorption (much more controlled; just soaks them up--especially in the rear), 4. towing (more controlled in lightweight towing, but i didn't need to switch to a towing mode. all modes are much more controlled, but tbh, I found 'normal' to be surprisingly sufficient in aggressive cornering in wet/slippery terrain, braking, object avoidance and towing. Lastly, 5. less rear-end hopping..the absorption was noticeable--felt much more controlled at higher speeds.

I haven't tested off-road yet (although many streets in the city should be considered off road), but I will report my findings once achieved.
In short: my opinion: this controller is a must have if you want better performance without messing with springs/leaf. I found the value more noticeable with more aggressive driving. at low speeds not too much difference, braking benefits are much more noticeable, but the controller really shines with aggressive driving, imo. I'm sure it will be fine for springs and leaf upgrades. If you're looking to keep the Gen 2 19/20 stock, but want better handling, I think the controller is worth the investment.

I will certainly return to DSC Sport for future upgrades.

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Thanks Ktide really appreciate the feedback and review on the controller. Glad your enjoying it! Cant wait to hear more once you get a little off road time with it

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ordered mine this morning for my 2019 SCAB . In Arizona. Let me ask is the Oh S H ! T button only active in BAJA mode? Thanks

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Just ordered mine this morning for my 2019 SCAB . In Arizona. Let me ask is the Oh S H ! T button only active in BAJA mode? Thanks
I believe it will be available in only the BAJA mode but I will have to check with the engineering team. Mike and I were just speaking and we couldn't remember if the coding was added to the other modes or not. But I will check on it for a definitive answer

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it will be available in only the BAJA mode but I will have to check with the engineering team. Mike and I were just speaking and we couldn't remember if the coding was added to the other modes or not. But I will check on it for a definitive answer
I called a couple weeks ago asking the same, but did not hear back and would love to know. As far as I understand it’s activated with the OK button on the left of the steering wheel?