DSC/COBB/Zeroing Ride Height Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t find the answer to this in any single place….so hopefully I’m not asking something that’s already answered.

I have a Cobb stage 2, 91 performance tune. I know if I were to use FORscan or a dealer to zero the ride height I would have to uninstall.

I know Cobb warns against writing over any other aftermarket software….but they also sell the DCS controller.

So my questions are two-part…

Can I leave the Cobb tune installed while I add the DSC controller?
And if so can I later use the DSC with its software and cable to zero the ride height with the Cobb installed?

Or should I uninstall the tune prior to each change?

Checked Cobb and DSC websites and couldn’t find clarity….all the videos are based on single component installs.

Separately, have any of you added the TCM upgrade to an existing ECM only accessport?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 9

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couldn’t find the answer to this in any single place….so hopefully I’m not asking something that’s already answered.

I have a Cobb stage 2, 91 performance tune. I know if I were to use FORscan or a dealer to zero the ride height I would have to uninstall.

I know Cobb warns against writing over any other aftermarket software….but they also sell the DCS controller.

So my questions are two-part…

Can I leave the Cobb tune installed while I add the DSC controller?
And if so can I later use the DSC with its software and cable to zero the ride height with the Cobb installed?

Or should I uninstall the tune prior to each change?

Checked Cobb and DSC websites and couldn’t find clarity….all the videos are based on single component installs.

Separately, have any of you added the TCM upgrade to an existing ECM only accessport?

DSC is a completely seperate unit and will have no interference or interface with the cobb tuner. think of the cobb tuner as an overlay programming for the stock ECU/TCM, but as i understand it, DSC replaces the vehicle dynamics contol unit with their own, and then the OEM modules think its supposed to be there.. completely seperate from ECU/TCM

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my thought, just wanted to confirm because the mapping for suspension controller seems to interface with the ECU at least in a send/receive. But since the DCS is a direct swap with no jumpers or bypasses it makes since that I should be able to be installed regardless of the status of any other electrical component.

Thanks for the response

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have both a Cobb AP with ecu and tcm tunes, as well as the DSC controller. They’re independent and I’ve made adjustments to each with the other installed. As @downforce137 said, the DSC is a completely separate module. When making adjustments to the DSC files with their software, it makes no changes to any stock modules, only to the DSC controller.

Honestly I’m pretty sure I’ve made changes in Forscan with the Cobb tunes loaded as well.