DRUM ROLL!!! HUGE New Product Announcement... 2021 Raptor Bumper 40", 50" Light Bar & 50" Universal Cross-mounts NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER for Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree on the harder install part. That’s the main reason I’ve been waiting for Johns bumper mount. As for theft….. some of these bars exceed $1400 a pop, so to have one just sitting on a mount with some nuts and bolts? I’d definitely be concerned
Check out Rigid. They have some security stuff

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any screenshots of the front camera screen after having a bar installed? Curious on the loss of view…I like the bar light look better but that had me thinking after reading your site @Specialtyperformanceparts

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any screenshots of the front camera screen after having a bar installed? Curious on the loss of view…I like the bar light look better but that had me thinking after reading your site @Specialtyperformanceparts
Not yet on the new one, because we need the production metal mounts to come in before loading a bunch of lights up there. However, the cross mount does pretty well clear the camera if you put 2-4 big lights or any lights to the outer ends. That is the benefit there. In addition, the SR Series and S8 light bars also are low profile and clear pretty well. So opposed to having say the Baja linkable up there, you would have a lot more visibility. Even the ONY6 light bar sits lower than the linkable. So lots of options. Circling back though, the 4 360 Rigid 6" or Baja LP6's on each side look SWEET! And should cause you no issues.

John

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Speaking of security, here is an idea for you. I know Diode Dynamics does not have an option to purchase security hardware for their lights, not sure about other manufacturers, but if you could source the right hardware to replace OEM hardware with a kit, I’d buy it! I’m finding it hard to source those parts.
I can definitely look into it. There is a lot of debate though about that security hardware though, and I can definitely see it both ways.
The one debatable thing about security hardware is this.
You can buy security bits and tools at any Harbor Freight, Amazon, etc. If it's easy for you to buy, then it's easy for a thief to buy. So there are a few different types of thieves. You have the non professional thieves. They walk down the street and see something and decide to try to take it.
Odds are, they aren't carrying a tool bag. So having standard tools or security bits is unlikely. So in this case, security bits wouldn't matter.
The second kind of thief is a pro. They typically don't use hand tools at all. They generally cut stuff off with high speed saws. This is really common with Catalytic converters, but really anything attached.
If this type of thief (the pro thief) didn't want to cut something off. Odds are, he has every type of security bit they make in his tool bag.
Those are the 2 most common types you'd deal with.
So again, if your dealing with the pro. It wouldn't matter about the security bit because they would either have them or cut them off (which can be worse). On the novice or crack head.. lol, odds are they wouldn't have tools, but at best a pair of plyers or something. Not a full tool kit. That's why I like the nylon lock nuts. Baja does use nylon lock nuts which can be a pain in the A** to remove without 2 ratchets. Now on the Rigid lights, they use 3/8 bolts and standard nuts with lock washers. So for security, you could replace any nuts like that with a nylon lock nut. Again, this is because you don't just get it loose and spin it off. You have to crank it all the way in both directions.
I also use and only include nylon lock nut hardware with those kits to secure the cross mounts and light bar mounts. In addition to a little added security. I think they also are safer as they retain tension better.

Again, this is just meant to offer another perspective. No offense to anyone who swears by security hardware. It is just a point of view. There are certainly going to be instances for just about every scenario in between this, but I have found that sometimes the things that make us "Feel Better" offer us a different kind of False security. lol.
It doesn't hurt to be cautious though. It may just be better to have good security, an alarm, or dash cam that records constantly??

John

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Speaking of security, here is an idea for you. I know Diode Dynamics does not have an option to purchase security hardware for their lights, not sure about other manufacturers, but if you could source the right hardware to replace OEM hardware with a kit, I’d buy it! I’m finding it hard to source those parts.

As long as you find the right size, it doesn't need to be branded by that light company. Generally in light bars, Rigid, Baja and Diode use 1/4" bolts and nuts.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can definitely look into it. There is a lot of debate though about that security hardware though, and I can definitely see it both ways.
The one debatable thing about security hardware is this.
You can buy security bits and tools at any Harbor Freight, Amazon, etc. If it's easy for you to buy, then it's easy for a thief to buy. So there are a few different types of thieves. You have the non professional thieves. They walk down the street and see something and decide to try to take it.
Odds are, they aren't carrying a tool bag. So having standard tools or security bits is unlikely. So in this case, security bits wouldn't matter.
The second kind of thief is a pro. They typically don't use hand tools at all. They generally cut stuff off with high speed saws. This is really common with Catalytic converters, but really anything attached.
If this type of thief (the pro thief) didn't want to cut something off. Odds are, he has every type of security bit they make in his tool bag.
Those are the 2 most common types you'd deal with.
So again, if your dealing with the pro. It wouldn't matter about the security bit because they would either have them or cut them off (which can be worse). On the novice or crack head.. lol, odds are they wouldn't have tools, but at best a pair of plyers or something. Not a full tool kit. That's why I like the nylon lock nuts. Baja does use nylon lock nuts which can be a pain in the A** to remove without 2 ratchets. Now on the Rigid lights, they use 3/8 bolts and standard nuts with lock washers. So for security, you could replace any nuts like that with a nylon lock nut. Again, this is because you don't just get it loose and spin it off. You have to crank it all the way in both directions.
I also use and only include nylon lock nut hardware with those kits to secure the cross mounts and light bar mounts. In addition to a little added security. I think they also are safer as they retain tension better.

Again, this is just meant to offer another perspective. No offense to anyone who swears by security hardware. It is just a point of view. There are certainly going to be instances for just about every scenario in between this, but I have found that sometimes the things that make us "Feel Better" offer us a different kind of False security. lol.
It doesn't hurt to be cautious though. It may just be better to have good security, an alarm, or dash cam that records constantly??

John
Thanks for the Perspective John! That is a great point about cutting.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a few more photos with some Adapt and Baja Lights.

The last picture on the ADAPT is just an example of all the colors you can change the backlight to. You can't actually have multiples... lol. It is a digital example.

BajaDesign40inLightBarAmber.jpgBajaDesign40inLightBarOff2.jpgRigidAdapt40inAmber.jpgRigidAdapt40inON.jpgRigidAdapt40inColors.jpg

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few more photos with some Adapt and Baja Lights.

The last picture on the ADAPT is just an example of all the colors you can change the backlight to. You can't actually have multiples... lol. It is a digital example.

View attachment 372486View attachment 372488View attachment 372489View attachment 372490View attachment 372491
John hi. Great job as always. Is there a video for the Adapt install ? Would like to see this light in action too .
your fan and customer Alex. Thanks