DRL / Parking Lights auto on/off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floyd2001

Reaction score
I cant find the link but the DRL option has to be programmed at the dealership. What it does is turn on the amber lights on under the HIDs. I will look and see if i can find the link.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if going the relay route, Tech note 1096 from dei alarms shows how to wire parking lights to a relay, ill post it when I get home tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the 1096 tech document from directed electronics. I think since this flashes the parking lights why not connect to a hot when ignition on wire or switch. Colors most likely will be different but this give you a good starting point and frame of reference if you decide to go this particular route, I'm sure there are many options.

Attachments

• 1096a.jpg
    1096a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, need a magnify glass to see that . . hmmm, maybe my 20x loop will work

Rotpar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, seems like the dealership would be able to program it to do this. Have you asked your dealer yet? The one I bought mine from isn't close, so I haven't gotten around to it...

OP
OP
Nemesis

Nemesis

Reaction score
I will be heading to the dealer this weekend, so I will ask them if it is possible. With my luck they will look at me with the same stupid look as when I asked them to install a automatic tailgate lock. Their comment was that the tailgate already has a lock and that they never heard of putting a power lock on the tailgate connected to the power door locks.

Wish me luck.