Driving with Nods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Miscellaneous pics from other nights. Tubes are L3 unfilmed white phosphor 2700-2800 FOM 72lp if I recall without looking at my spec sheet.

Laser beams
20230123_195328.jpg
Doggo with an ECOTI
20220518_114327.jpg
Trolling for hogs
20220107_212148.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First, I want to hate you a little.
2nd, you may want to enable dark mode via FORSCAN, you’ll be impressed with how much light the cabin gives off in the dark.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
First, I want to hate you a little.
2nd, you may want to enable dark mode via FORSCAN, you’ll be impressed with how much light the cabin gives off in the dark.
I'd imagine this is basically the police surveillance mode? I had asked about this in the forscan thread with no luck. I'll need to look for dark mode in the sheet unless you have the codes available.

No need to hate, just buy some nods and join me in the endeavor of hating money as you pour it endlessly into your expensive hobbies.

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
night optical/observation device. Basically night vision.

Alright. For science, I went to the nearby neighborhood in progress that's pitch black in the raptor. Long story short, tape or disable those lights. The photonic barrier they create is enormous! You MAY be able to overcome it with supplemental lighting but I didn't bring any of my illuminators to test the theory in the IR spectrum. I did however take a couple pics with the headlights on to give you an idea. But enough talk, let's get to the pics.

With lights
View attachment 411133
View attachment 411134
With parking lights
View attachment 411135
Without lights
View attachment 411136

Out the window of the truck without IR lights in your faceView attachment 411137
Perfect that’s what I needed. I think if I put a black piece of painters tape over the sensor it should doable. Thanks again for the help.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Perfect that’s what I needed. I think if I put a black piece of painters tape over the sensor it should doable. Thanks again for the help.
If that doesn't do it, painters tape base with electrical tape over should block the light without the sticky residue of only electrical tape. If I ever pull my panels apart I'll probably put it on the inside of the lense and just leave it there all the time since we don't get blue cruise.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
I think I found the code with searching using your key words. Do you know if it dims the screens? I had an old police package impala and the button would dim the displays, keep the headlights off and interior lights.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No need to hate, just buy some nods and join me in the endeavor of hating money as you pour it endlessly into your expensive hobbies.
LOL. Like I don’t have enough expensive hobbies.
I think I found the code with searching using your key words. Do you know if it dims the screens? I had an old police package impala and the button would dim the displays, keep the headlights off and interior lights.
Someone has to try it so we can all get the answer !

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Just mount an exterior IR illuminator on the roof and should be g2g. Rig in to upfitter switch and you're golden. Well.....green.

Nods will work through windshield and be ok as long as 100 interior light is eliminated and no nearby visible light is in your path or very strong.

FYI, works best if your head is protruding from the sunroof, but unless you are 7-feet tall........

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you may want to enable dark mode via FORSCAN, you’ll be impressed with how much light the cabin gives off in the dark.
"Dark mode" only prevents the dome lamp going on when you open the doors or turn the car off.

Saab was the only car I've ever seen that had a true dark mode for the interior. Only the numbers on the speedo were lit up, and only the ones you were actually using. If you went faster, it would light up more.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine this is basically the police surveillance mode? I had asked about this in the forscan thread with no luck. I'll need to look for dark mode in the sheet unless you have the codes available.

I mean, money is worth - less every year, so this is just rational economic behavior. (That's what I tell myself anyway)