DRIVING MODES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The circular dial positioned right of the steering wheel appears to be the only way to change driving modes, is that correct? When I attempt to change from normal to sport, the first left turn click still indicates normal and the Mode doesn’t change to sport until the second left turn click, is that correct? Is the a faster way to change into sport than moving the dial two positions? Also, please confirm that changing the steering, exhaust and shocks does nothing for the engine tune, in other words, it will not change the engine to sport mode? On the 2022 I read that Ford added a button on the steering wheel that will allow a person to program and switch engine modes quickly, it would be nice if the 2021 had it.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The circular dial positioned right of the steering wheel appears to be the only way to change driving modes, is that correct? When I attempt to change from normal to sport, the first left turn click still indicates normal and the Mode doesn’t change to sport until the second left turn click, is that correct? Is the a faster way to change into sport than moving the dial two positions? Also, please confirm that changing the steering, exhaust and shocks does nothing for the engine tune, in other words, it will not change the engine to sport mode? On the 2022 I read that Ford added a button on the steering wheel that will allow a person to program and switch engine modes quickly, it would be nice if the 2021 had it.
I think whether you turn right or left the first time it will go to normal. I think thats just "waking up the system". I may be wrong but mine does the same. and yes changing the steering, suspension and exhaust changes nothing but what you press. thats why I assume they ended up putting on the "R" my mode button on the 22'

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as @RamseyF mentioned above, it’s kinda like a wake up. I’m assuming to prevent accidental mode change.

meldred40

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the default on the "modes". I want my Raptor to always be in Sport mode when I start the truck.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the default on the "modes". I want my Raptor to always be in Sport mode when I start the truck.
If you turn it off in Sport, it will ask you if you want to return to Sport when you start the truck. You just have to press the okay button. Anything more than that, you will need to get a 2022 with the R button on the steering wheel.

SalesRob

Reaction score
Can the 2023 Raptor be started in The "Raptor mode" that I have customized ... or do I have to manually select "Raptor" mode upon start up everytime?

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the 2023 Raptor be started in The "Raptor mode" that I have customized ... or do I have to manually select "Raptor" mode upon start up everytime?
Just double tap the R and it’ll go into your mode. I start my truck, wait like 10 seconds for everything to come up and then double tap and go.