Driving Mode Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes

Reaction score
What you're experiencing is normal but infuriating. Once you get used to it you'll be able to manage it. The same issue came up in the Raptor Assault class. They explained how the truck defaults back to normal once the power is turned off. I suspect if you fiddled with it you'd have been able to get the rear diff unlocked..driving it a little ways or something. Anyway, when you take it in you can confirm this but I don't think anything is wrong it's just a quirk that's even talked about at the Raptor driving school.

Just an update - I had the dealer look at the truck and they more or less agreed with what you said above except for the rear locker which they were able to duplicate the issue on the lot. They ended up plugging into the truck to reflash the ECU and also replacing the 4x4 selector knob (not that that was the issue). One of the two seemed to solve the problem since I cannot duplicate it again.