Driveshaft yoke lubrication issue fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nickel is an extemely hard substance. It is used as a wear prevenitive. The lubricating capacity of nickel is not good though. Ideally they should be using a teflon impregnated nickel. Best of both worlds. It gives the surface hardness to prevent wear and the lubrication of teflon.

That's not a bad idea, GM cured a piston knocking on cold start due to piston "slap" on their 7.4L in the mid to late 90's by using a teflon coated piston skirt. If it will hold up to that, it should work well in this application I would think.

FSM :birgits_tiredcoffee

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling Ford has something similar to offer. With so many complaints (and possibly documented "slip" conditions) we might just find they offer a recall for the T-case yoke for those having the 'clunk'.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea, GM cured a piston knocking on cold start due to piston "slap" on their 7.4L in the mid to late 90's by using a teflon coated piston skirt. If it will hold up to that, it should work well in this application I would think.

FSM :birgits_tiredcoffee

Yeah I have that piston slap on startup with my 6.0. Have been told there's not a lot I can do and it's not hurting anything.