Driveshaft slip yoke on National Backorder - looking for ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 SCREW

So I attempted to order:

BL3Z-4841-F​

From Tasca, which I found is the part number for a 2013 SCREW slip yoke for the driveshaft from a clunk thread on this forum. If I crawl under my truck, I can wobble the driveshaft up and down at the slip yoke (not the u-joint) and it clunks pretty loudly when rotating it by hand back and forth. I had the audible clunk while stopping, so I figured this would be a good place to start with fixing it.

Tasca just emailed me and said it is on national back order. I have been trying to find it elsewhere this morning, but I have not yet had success.

What is puzzling me, is I did come across another part number that says it only fits a 2014 Raptor...

BL3Z-4841-E
2014 Ford F-150 FX2, FX4, Lariat, Platinum, SVT Raptor, XLT 6.2L V8 - Gas

another website says it would fit a 2013 with a 6.2:
2011-2014 Ford F-150
8 Cyl 6.2L OHC NA
Does anyone know the difference between these two slip yokes?! Were there differences between the 2014 and 2013 driveshafts? This has me puzzled

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the parts numbering system goes, the "F" at the end (compared to the "E" ) just means it is a later "revision" of said part number (obviously the last revised part number would be preferred but earlier versions *might be* able to be used, in certain areas - YMMV ).

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your slip yoke isn’t damaged, you can probably just buy new u-joints. You can also probably call Axle Exchange or a similar vendor that makes aftermarket driveshafts to see if they have a slip yoke or joints that would work with a factory driveshaft. I attached a comparison pic of my Axle Exchange vs. OEM yoke and joint setup.4C5FBBFB-A9F3-4447-863D-0293E634D60B.jpeg

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your slip yoke isn’t damaged, you can probably just buy new u-joints. You can also probably call Axle Exchange or a similar vendor that makes aftermarket driveshafts to see if they have a slip yoke or joints that would work with a factory driveshaft. I attached a comparison pic of my Axle Exchange vs. OEM yoke and joint setup.View attachment 389214
I gave them a call, they are looking at their stock and should hopefully give me a call back if they have any 1410 styles in stock. Thanks for the info!

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a new complete driveshaft from Axle Exchange. easy and straightforward. Call and ask regarding the slip yoke.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a new complete driveshaft from Axle Exchange. easy and straightforward. Call and ask regarding the slip yoke.
I did, they are ordering a Spicer unit (I presume from another vendor/warehouse?) and will call me back when they have it on-hand.
I debated doing a full DS, but my truck does mostly basic truck duties with some light off-roading here and there... mostly trails, nothing crazy. I didn't think anything other than OEM'ish would be required.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to update: Axle Exchange took my call, took my truck info, did some research to find me one, sourced one, called me back, said they would order it and let me know when it came in, called me back when it came in, took my info and payment and shipped it.
Can't be more satisfied with Axle Exchange out of Fairfield, New Jersey. I didn't have to call them and remind them, they did exactly what they said they would do.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Axle Exchange is great. I ordered directly from them before my supercharger install and they talked things through with me to ensure I had the appropriate length for my suspension since I’m running Icon RXT springs on setting 2. Easy to get ahold of and they do what they say they’re going to do without having to be pestered.