Driveshaft recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck just came in on Monday. They did the PDI Tuesday and caught the recall. Got the work done on Wednesday and I got to pick it up yesterday. My shop didn’t have an issue sourcing fasteners….

Sorry for the continued parts shortage frustrations that many are going through. I will echo what many others have said…it’s worth the wait. The new Gen certainly impresses.

OP
OP
D

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, since your heat shield is dragging on your driveshaft and the dealer has no fasteners, were you told not to drive it? Because eventually the driveshaft could cut in half and cause death. According to the recall posted on another thread.
The dealer is 3 miles away. It's sitting at my house and I'll bring it back when they get the parts.

OP
OP
D

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, since your heat shield is dragging on your driveshaft and the dealer has no fasteners, were you told not to drive it? Because eventually the driveshaft could cut in half and cause death. According to the recall posted on another thread.
The dealer is 3 miles away. My car is sitting at the house and I'll bring it back when the parts come in.

OP
OP
D

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they didn't really say ether way. I'm going to use some good judgement and common sense. We have another car available and I'm going to refrain from driving my truck this week. If they don't have the parts in 10 days or so I'm going to follow up.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whether Ford will resolve the driveshaft problem with recalled trucks that haven't yet left Dearborn (or will Ford deliver the trucks and tell the dealers to do it)?

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no one knows if it’s safe to drive?
Since there are 100's of thousands of 2021 - 2022 models on the road currently and the recall didn't tell those drivers to stop driving their trucks, I would say it's safe to drive for the time being. You may not want to put 50K miles on it as over time it could wear out. If I had my Raptor today and needed the recall, I wouldn't stop driving it.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How urgent is this really? My daughter wrecked my wife's car, so I really don't want to be in a dealership loaner (assuming they have one) while this gets fixed....