Driveshaft recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, we don't hold grudges, so if your dealer doesn't fix your clunky when turning, you're more than welcome to come back and post looking for a diagnosis, anytime. Good luck at the dealer.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't post this for a diagnosis, I made an appointment to have it looked at. It was an FYI. Anyway now I remember why I got off forums 15 years ago.
Don't be soo salty bro, just busting chops that's all. We, well I, appreciate your post but there has been lengthy discussion about this recall since the day it came out and we all searched our VINs to find out there was a recall. A simple search would have uncovered this and you could have avoided being heckled. I'm guessing this happened in the past causing you to get off this forum, but who knows. Keep posting because one day you may drop some knowledge that the rest of the community has not seen or heard of yet. Just takes an extra minute or two to search the forum. I may be totally off base here but don't give up on us!!!!

OP
OP
D

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The noise is the sagging heat shield, it happens when the car turns to the left because that's the side that's loose. The power train articulates slightly in a turn causing contact. Unfortunately the new fasteners are back ordered. The dealer said they will reach out to Ford since it's causing an issue.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there’s a better thread for this… but thought I’d start here…truck is on its way but dealer says they would need to wait on “parts” to fix the recall… does it need parts? Or only if there’s damage? Anyone know??

OP
OP
D

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your vin is identified with faulty fasteners for the heat shield (ie you get a recall notice) they'll replace the fasteners. They will also perform an inspection to see if the heat shield becoming unsecured damaged the drive shaft or any other component. If so they replace the affected parts too. The dealer told me the fasteners are on a national back order. The recall is for the fastners.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, since your heat shield is dragging on your driveshaft and the dealer has no fasteners, were you told not to drive it? Because eventually the driveshaft could cut in half and cause death. According to the recall posted on another thread.