GEN 1 Driveshaft hitting flange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zuber

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• Driveshaft.jpg
    Driveshaft.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 124

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to see some Fox bump stops in the upper left of your image. What else Have you modified on your suspension that would allow that much travel? To move 1/2 at the flange, you are talking quite a distance to create an angle severe enough to make contact. Either suspension is compressing too much, dropping too much, or there is some significant play somewhere that will reveal itself soon...

OP
OP
Zuber

Zuber

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Truck has not been jumped. Recently had really bad axle hop occur when I left hard from a dead stop. New bearings and seals going into the rear axle & a new drive shaft this week.

Here is the current setup which has ~14k street miles on it.
Deaver +2
King Bypass Shocks
King Bump Stops
Rogue Bump Stop Gusset Kit
Rogue Track Bar Kit
Stage 2 Whipple

Attachments

• 20171117_103335.jpg
    20171117_103335.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20171117_101725.jpg
    20171117_101725.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
OP
OP
Zuber

Zuber

Reaction score
Reviving a very old thread, but did you ever solve this issue, having the same problem.

Not really, was thinking it was from axle wrap. Retorqued everything but have not checked to see if its still hitting.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
My first guess was that your set up has more travel than it is designed to take by partially modding your suspension system. The complete design process was ignored. And yes your brake lines are going to pop and or start to have stress cracks. If you search other Whipped Raptors chat about ways to limit the axle wrap problem. Maybe you need a traction bar or something similar?