Drivers Side Rear Door Ajar - 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memheli

Reaction score
So I've got a 2014 that started stating the Rear Door Agar/Open. Of course it's not. After a bit of research I found a thread that talked about a wire being broken at the hinge point, inside the rubber boot. Green I think it was. Well, sure enough. I pulled the boot back and the green wire is broke in two. Can't lock the door, and can't arm the alarm because the truck thinks a door is open.
I've called the dealer several times to arrange a time to drop the truck off, each time asking how the repair will happen. I've told them I expect you're going to replace the entire wiring harness - not just solder the wire back together. I've not gotten a straight answer from them yet. Does anyone else have experience with this. It's sure to happen on other doors. This seems like a manufacturing / design defect. It's not like we're talking about a 10 year old truck here.
I do have the extended warrant which should cover the work, but I'd like to know what they are going to do before I take it in and wasted my time if they really are just going to butt splice the two wires.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a typical older dodge, vw, and porsche problem not so much with other manufacturers. when we fix them we usually cut the wire in the cab and in the door and pass a new section of wire through the boot. a repair in the boot will fail again so we make sure a new section is where the break was

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. The dealership that I go to fixed it in about an hr and a half. Pretty sure they replaced the section of the harness and tightened it up some so there wasn't so much slack at the pinch point where the door closes