Driver window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
My driver window still works, but it's noticeably slower to go up than it used to be. If I have a "race" between my pass and driver's side windows the pass side gets all the way up a full 1 mississippi before the driver's side. it sounds like the motor is straining a little but and i hear some clicking as the window goes up. do you think Ford would replace my window motor even though it still works? i just have a feeling it's gonna shit the bed after my warranty runs out.

BWMEEKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver window still works, but it's noticeably slower to go up than it used to be. If I have a "race" between my pass and driver's side windows the pass side gets all the way up a full 1 mississippi before the driver's side. it sounds like the motor is straining a little but and i hear some clicking as the window goes up. do you think Ford would replace my window motor even though it still works? i just have a feeling it's gonna shit the bed after my warranty runs out.

I bet that if you convinced them that youre worried it may break while still open and possibly damage the interior or make you vulnerable to theft (more so for your INS Co)they would fix it.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I bet that if you convinced them that youre worried it may break while still open and possibly damage the interior or make you vulnerable to theft (more so for your INS Co)they would fix it.

i like this

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Go out and get some silicone spray and spray the tracks...

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I once sprayed the tracks on one of my old Rangers and it jacked the window with oil/crap/gunk for a long time. Took like 800 cans of Invisible Glass to get that shit off.

I'd recommend going to the dealer. Dude, I nit-pick shit on my truck and I have everything documented in a three ring binder in plastic protective sheets. I HATE the dealer because they are usually stupid, but you can challenge them and always get the next guy on the totem pole to look at it if you're not satisfied.

Secondly, my passenger window is slower in a race with my drivers side window. Hmm.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should fix it, but worse case scenario is you bring it to their attention and they have record of it when it does crap out. If it craps out after the warranty, you can always bring that up.

^^This, or try and spray it like Hock said. Lubing it is probably what the dealer will try first.