Driver Side Rear Seats Won't Stay Locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under normal driving conditions, the rear driver side seat(s) stay in their upright and locked position. But, under moderate braking (not even close to locking up) the seats slam down with a vengeance. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a quick fix? I'm trying to avoid a dealer trip and I'm hoping it's something I'm just missing here.

Thanks!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Under normal driving conditions, the rear driver side seat(s) stay in their upright and locked position. But, under moderate braking (not even close to locking up) the seats slam down with a vengeance. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a quick fix? I'm trying to avoid a dealer trip and I'm hoping it's something I'm just missing here.

Thanks!
Are you making sure it is latched? You may have to slam it up. In fact you have to push the seat in to even unlatch it. Man up. :cool:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What he said.

latching the rear driver’s side seat in the F150 SCREW is like inserting a STANAG 30 rounder into the magazine well. Do it deliberately and confirm it’s locked by tugging downward to ensure it fully seated.

Lift the seat bottom, and drive it upward and to the rear with authority. tug back to ensure it locked.

If that doesn’t fix it, is the rear latched? If so, make an appointment with the stealership.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the others said. Only addition, if you dropped the seat back at some point, make sure it re-latched to the little bar. (Google the built right seat release video, it’s about 2 min long and a good tutorial on the workings of the seat as well.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ducc

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hahano:

I owned a 2012 F150 SCREW for 8 years and the seat had no issues. I didn't think I'd have to wine and dine this one to get it to comply. I'll rep out a couple sets with the pink db's and give it another go!

Thanks, fellas.