Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Driver side rear door leak

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]' started by GLF5, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:46 PM.

1. GLF5

GLF5 Member

I've noticed a small pool of water on the plastic door sill after a rain. I dried everything up and poured water on the rear drivers side glass and let it run down into the glass sweeper (outside). I found water dripping out of the bottom of the interior door panel which doesn't happen on any of the other doors. Ideas? I'm thinking I need to remove the door panel but haven't found any great instructions on doing that.

2. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

it’s not hard; 2 screws on the bottom, they go in at an angle IIRC. screws around the door handle trim come out. Pop the panel loose with plastic trim panel removers. I got a kit off amazon for like 25 bucks used. once free, lift upwards and you can suspend the panel or remove the door latch assembly. I did this for my speaker upgrade, probably a few posts detailing this in the audio forum.

3. sickboy87

sickboy87 Member

You should take it in for some warranty work. Mine builds up slight condensation on bottom door sill, but I attribute that to removing the rubber drain plugs on all doors. I removed them due to my doors freezing in cold temperatures and it has since been resolved.