Driver side rear door leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLF5

Reaction score
I've noticed a small pool of water on the plastic door sill after a rain. I dried everything up and poured water on the rear drivers side glass and let it run down into the glass sweeper (outside). I found water dripping out of the bottom of the interior door panel which doesn't happen on any of the other doors. Ideas? I'm thinking I need to remove the door panel but haven't found any great instructions on doing that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s not hard; 2 screws on the bottom, they go in at an angle IIRC. screws around the door handle trim come out. Pop the panel loose with plastic trim panel removers. I got a kit off amazon for like 25 bucks used. once free, lift upwards and you can suspend the panel or remove the door latch assembly. I did this for my speaker upgrade, probably a few posts detailing this in the audio forum.

sickboy87

Reaction score
I've noticed a small pool of water on the plastic door sill after a rain. I dried everything up and poured water on the rear drivers side glass and let it run down into the glass sweeper (outside). I found water dripping out of the bottom of the interior door panel which doesn't happen on any of the other doors. Ideas? I'm thinking I need to remove the door panel but haven't found any great instructions on doing that.
You should take it in for some warranty work. Mine builds up slight condensation on bottom door sill, but I attribute that to removing the rubber drain plugs on all doors. I removed them due to my doors freezing in cold temperatures and it has since been resolved.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GLFS, were you able to solve your issue? I have the same problem, but only after a hard rain. I’ve only started recently noticing it b/c she was always garaged, but has been moved to drive to make room for the 911 until the third bay is built.
It’s never a lot of water, but I’m afraid it will get under the plastic to the carpet and eventually cause mold.