Driver side heated seat not working Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
Mine has been extremely weak since day 1 I just assumed that is how they were. Disappointing. I may have to take a closer look as I am out of warranty now.

They are anything but weak when operating normally. There is a theory that they run so hot they burn out, with people reporting very hot seats before they go bad.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are anything but weak when operating normally. There is a theory that they run so hot they burn out, with people reporting very hot seats before they go bad.

This is good news as I pretty much wrote these off. Hope to get them working correctly

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
Small update - Tasca needed to special order the part, but at least they didn't say its not available like before! Hopefully i'll get it withing next two weeks.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i just noticed my damn driver seat heater stopped working as well... 2018 with 35k miles which is 5k over i wish it was now... appreciate everyones posts seems im not alone.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
wow i just noticed my damn driver seat heater stopped working as well... 2018 with 35k miles which is 5k over i wish it was now... appreciate everyones posts seems im not alone.

Dropping like flies. Well, I got shipment notification today so hopefully will get it in soon and update.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had the truck at the dealer today since i still have a few hundred miles before the warranty expires not sure why i thought it was 30k at first instead of 36k for reg warranty. but i would think they would have these popular peices in stock but unfortunetly not.. the paper states that the seat buttom has 14.5 OHMS resistance through it instead of the 1.5 OHMS that it should have. they ordered a new heater coil and i guess il go back in when they get it, i ordered one on tasca as well to have an extra one if they go out that often il have it to change next time.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your Raptor is still within the 36 month warranty period...let the dealer resolve this issue. You shouldn’t have to pay for parts and take the time to install them yourself. That’s the purpose of the factory warranty.!

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
Received my heating element from Tasca but of course they sent the wrong one - replacement for the back instead of the bottom of the seat. They are the ones that changed the order to the "correct" part number for the VIN. Will have to get the right one now, the saga continues.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my heating element from Tasca but of course they sent the wrong one - replacement for the back instead of the bottom of the seat. They are the ones that changed the order to the "correct" part number for the VIN. Will have to get the right one now, the saga continues.

i had copied the same part number i got in this post and they said it wouldnt work for my vin from taska so i said il pay the difference and send me the correct one which was like 36 bucks... i hope they dont screw me with the back portion as well now that i see this.... or i will be returning it for the right one in case i need it or if my brothers raptor seat heater goes out so il have one to give him or use it myself after warranty expires. thanks for the update. im hoping they wont take forever at the dealer to get the part cause if i go over 36k they mightbe like oh well ur out of warranty now pay up il be pissed.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
i had copied the same part number i got in this post and they said it wouldnt work for my vin from taska so i said il pay the difference and send me the correct one which was like 36 bucks... i hope they dont screw me with the back portion as well now that i see this.... or i will be returning it for the right one in case i need it or if my brothers raptor seat heater goes out so il have one to give him or use it myself after warranty expires. thanks for the update. im hoping they wont take forever at the dealer to get the part cause if i go over 36k they mightbe like oh well ur out of warranty now pay up il be pissed.

This is exactly what happened to me, down to paying the difference for the updated part. So get ready for the return process hah.