Driver side heated seat not working Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, they told me both seat elements would be replaced, they only did the bottom. Part number JL3Z 14D696 B

Looks like they did not replace the foam either. If I had known they weren’t going to do that, I would have replaced the element myself.

Interesting. I would consider doing that. I assume you have to pull the seat covers. If it's not a real nightmare, it might be worth just buying the element and doing it, rather than leave it at the dealer for days to be diagnosed.

noorj

Reaction score
I think my driver side heating element just went bad in my gen 2. Anyone end up doing it themselves? Watched a couple youtube videos of people with 12th gen's changing them and it seems easy enough, nothing with a '17+ though

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
I need to see if the heating elements are available again so I can replace mine. Assuming procedure to change them would be similar to Gen 1?

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check voltage at heating element plug under seat. In each of the three settings. If good. Then it's the element pad. There is also a wire that connects the bottom to the back element. You can check there too. Process of elimination. Work backwards towards switch.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
I also ordered from Tasca last week after posting in this thread, but haven't gotten an update on shipping or anything else. Not looking good.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been extremely weak since day 1 I just assumed that is how they were. Disappointing. I may have to take a closer look as I am out of warranty now.