Driver side firewall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my ham radio coax cable through driver side firewall and notice cold air blowing in.
Everyone who used driver side firewayy did you cut a hole?

Attachments

• 7D002542-0D13-40DD-AEF6-AB4CEAAD0A8D.jpeg
    7D002542-0D13-40DD-AEF6-AB4CEAAD0A8D.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 40

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
running the cable like that will cause a couple issues. now the gromet is not sealed and your wire is pinched against metal. depending on the size of the head, you may need to drill a hole and then seal with silicone. if the head is small enough you can poke a hole through the rubber and the rubber will stretch and seal around the cable. its much easier going to the passenger side since there is a grommet that isnt being used. i use it to run all my 0/1 ga wire through.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running the cable like that will cause a couple issues. now the gromet is not sealed and your wire is pinched against metal. depending on the size of the head, you may need to drill a hole and then seal with silicone. if the head is small enough you can poke a hole through the rubber and the rubber will stretch and seal around the cable. its much easier going to the passenger side since there is a grommet that isnt being used. i use it to run all my 0/1 ga wire through.
It is just a coax cable for my ham radio antenna. I wasn't able to locate the passenger side firewall if you dont mind can you take a pic and help me plz. ALso is it easy to make a hole on the driver side firewall that i am using?

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are more grommets on the driver's side so use them. If you want to drill your own hole make sure you don't hit anything behind it and then use some grommets to protect the wires. You can find them at any home improvement or auto parts stores.