Driver side carpet is wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman7273

Reaction score
Hey Guys, heavy rains last month I noticed only my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have the twin moon. I checked the weather tech mat for pin holes first. I also pulled up carpet and silicone the cab plug. I put shop towels all the way behind the pedals above the carpet to see if they were getting wet. I never saw any leaks. Dealer tested the truck for leaks for 2 days and found nothing. Has anyone had this issue and found it? Like I said drivers foot area is the only place that is wet.

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, heavy rains last month I noticed only my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have the twin moon. I checked the weather tech mat for pin holes first. I also pulled up carpet and silicone the cab plug. I put shop towels all the way behind the pedals above the carpet to see if they were getting wet. I never saw any leaks. Dealer tested the truck for leaks for 2 days and found nothing. Has anyone had this issue and found it? Like I said drivers foot area is the only place that is wet.

I notice mine was wet under the floor mat on the passenger side. I put a blower fan to it for a few hours the other day but the weather was damp and cool so it didn't dry completely. Today was more of the same. I hope tomorrow is better. The cover under the dash that runs under the front of the carpet was wet as well. I had a little mildew so it's been wet for sometime. I wonder if the A/C drain is leaking into the truck...

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta get it dryed out, the jute padding will hold water forever and get moldy/ stinky. check drain hose for the sunroof.

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, take it to the dealer. I had the same think, check the backs of the back seats you may see oxidation on the seat rails as well. After the dealer checked it they noticed that Ford during the build did not install the draining hoses for the twin panel moon roof. The dear fixed the problem and replaced all carpeting as well as the back seats (not the sit covers). On top of that Ford MoCo sent me a check for $2K for the issue they caused.