Driver seat cushion popping off clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muno

Reaction score
I had same issue you can order these clips and clip them over the plastic and it will hold them from falling off, the clips are exact size you need

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, other folks have had that same problem, including me. I am 6’4, 250 lbs !! And I also tend to slide off the seat getting out of the truck. So my seat is sunk on the left side as well!

I took mine to the dealer, they sent it to an upholstery shop that put a permenant fix on it. Not sure what they did exactly, but haven’t hasn’t come off since. Seat is still a little sunk on the left side, but nothing I can do about that..

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that my driver seat clips were not fastened after I bought my 2020. I pulled the seats out when I installed a UHF radio in the center console. When the seats were out, I clipped it back into place. It's not ideal, but really was a piece of cake.

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my 19’ Raptor. I’ll pop the plastic clips back in and over time they’ll pop back loose. I’m 6’3 230 lbs, but sit lightly. Only having this issue with the driver’s seat. Have any one share this issue with the dealership.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
So today I took a look and dang if I don't have two black plastic clips dangling down in the front of my driver's seat.

I don't see any clips anywhere as shown a few posts up and I don't see where these two 6" long clips clip into.

Does anyone have a decent picture of where these clip into?

They're Sewn to the bottom of the seat and as your looking at them from the front towards the rear seat the front part of the clip is towards the steering wheel or in that direction.

Now I looked at it somewhat but I couldn't see where in the heck these would clip onto an was wondering if they where dewn on backwards.

Any information appreciated.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe this is such a big problem and it took til now for everybody to have this problem, lol. Ford should buy all your trucks back, joking of course!

OP
OP
AdvRap

AdvRap

Reaction score
Its just an annoyance more than anything. I leave it unclipped - its just gonna come back off anyway.

@sixshooter_45 if you look at your passenger seat it should be the same. That long black clip is folded under to clip on. Look at your passenger and youll see what I mean. You gotta pull the cover pretty tight for it to fold/roll enough.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
So l look at this and it I see the three metal tabs for each clip to clip onto and they face up on the backside so in order for my clips to attach they would need to be Sewn on the other way so I could roll them down and around the metal edge lifting them up and pushing them towards and down on the metal tabs

See attached photo of how my clips currently are attached to the seat.

Attachments

• 20210805_070122.jpg
    20210805_070122.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 57

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Here's a better picture showing how my search clips are oriented.

So am I crazy or are these sewn on backwards like I believe?

Attachments

• 20210810_153830.jpg
    20210810_153830.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 60

Navigator55

Reaction score
That’s how mine are sewn in as well. I’m trying to figure how to clip these as well. Guess I need to back it out of the garage and check the passenger seats.