Driver seat cushion popping off clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found both of the seats on my 2019 had clips loose. You need to roll the clips 180 degrees so they’re facing up and they clip to the metal frame. Careful with the passenger side…sliced my thumb pretty good on the damn seat frame.

The reason I was looking under the seat is the small console key fell under the seat and…is gone. No clue where it teleported off to, but it’s gone! I had this happen with an Apple Pencil in my Gen1 and eventually Discount Tire found it. Fingers crossed they find the key for my Gen2 when I replace the tires!

DavidJ

Reaction score
Yeah it’s a problem with the clips popping off. I told my Ford dealer about it and basically got a dismissal like I should expect that to happen. He told me that he had the same problem with his Explorer, so “oh well”. Makes me question my decision to invest in a Raptor. There are competing trucks where I’m sure I could expect the seat to stay put. No other complaints about the truck either. Someone told me that Ford came up with a fix for the Explorer but not sure if they have for the Raptor yet.

gt942nv00

Reaction score
I had same issue you can order these clips and clip them over the plastic and it will hold them from falling off, the clips are exact size you need
Thanks for the link. I ordered them and they work great keeping the plastic clips attached. So far it hasn't come back loose.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
I had this same issue, but my seat foam was already getting worn out so I disassembled the bottom section and replaced the seat foam with a new OE part. Once I put it back together all the clips have stayed in place as they should for the past year. So it leads me to believe that once the seat foam wears and compresses down there becomes too much play making it easier for them to pop off. The few extra mm thickness of new foam keeps everything tighter.

Its not very difficult to do, but its still time consuming and a pita. I expect to have to do it again in a few years, and I will try those metal clips linked next time.