Driver seat adj & memory, D&S power mirrors, adjustable pedals... all stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well this was a fun way to spend New Year's. I noticed in the morning that my driver's power seat stopped adjusting. After more poking around and testing pretty much everything, I figured out that all the following had stopped working:
-all drivers seat adjustable functions
-all drivers seat memory features
-both drivers and passenger outside mirrors
-adjustable pedals

I ran through all the fuses I could think of (found in the owner's manual under Roadside Emergencies->Fuses and Relays) and found that were all aok.
-Power distribution box (under the hood)
--Fuse 74->"Driver power seat"
-Passenger compartment fuse panel (in the cab, passenger side, right side wall of the footbox)
--Fuse 12->"Power mirror switch, Memory seat module microprocessor power, Steering column switch"
--Fuse 18->"Driver memory seat switch"
--Fuse 20->"Adjustable pedals, Datalink"

Getting desperate I started pulling on this, tugging on that, looking under here, and over there... and I found this. A big ole connector under the driver seat on the right side.

attachment.php

The gray part swings down and if you swing it a full 180degress toward the back it forces the connector to come apart. Mine had swung about 90degrees and apparently had forced the connector apart juuuust enough to kill all those features. I reconnected it and viola everything came back alive again.

I love it when they're easy fixes, but I was having nightmares there for a sec... haunting visions of frayed wires everywhere, control modules dripping water, test lights blinking, meters ringing, For Sale signs saying "Barely used!"... and in the end it was just that stupid ass connector.

If something like this happens to you, check that connector first. Hopefully the days lost off my life to the stress will save you yours. :mad3:

:cheers:

Attachments

• 2013-01-02 08.59.43.jpg
    2013-01-02 08.59.43.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 4,646
Last edited:
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh sure, NOW you tell me :emotions122:

:smile:

She's going in for a few repairs and tweaks next week. When I get her back I plan cross a couple of zipties over that connector. I'm thinking that should hold it together and avoid this in the future.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, someone already warned against the sharp edge. His got cut.

Sounds like it would have been an excuse to get those new bucket seats you wanted, lol...

Yukon Joe

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ill check the harness while I'm down there. Sounds like some wire loom might be in order.

Still thinking on those seats Joe. I need to sit in several and probably even drive them to see if they'd fit for daily driving purposes. The seat width isn't usually the issue, its my awkwardly large shoulders. Every replacement bucket so far that I've seen has a slight contour or curve up there, that would ride right on my shoulder blades and end up pinching me inward. Sux.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just within the last few weeks this happened to me. Didn't have time to dig around and noticed my 3rd brake light assembly has been acting up. Replaced the brake light, checked all fuses again......mirrors and seat still didn't work. Hit the Raptor Forum again and ran across this for the first time. Yep, fixed it.
Only reason my truck has been to the dealer has been for:
-Steering rack replacement
-Driver seat track (maybe they didn't quite get it cam'd over????)
***I am using Cover King Ballistic seat covers in which I don't adjust the seats due to the straps. (may have slightly bumped the lever and it finally wiggled loose after installing seat covers again after seat track service......that service was 15,000 miles ago)
In the end, I'm up and going again with replaced tag light bulbs, and a fresh third brake light. LOL