Driver leather seat cover misaligned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluraptor

Reaction score
The ‘suede’ part of my driver side leather seat is misaligned. Will this be covered under warranty defects or will the dealer tell me that it’s “within manufacturer’s tolerance” or “these trucks are mass produced” reply and tell me they won’t fix it.

I know it’s a Ford, but this is pretty obvious. If anyone had any experience, would love to hear from you. Just don’t want to waste my time going to the dealer for them to tell me they can’t do anything about it.

(Attached both sides of the seat for comparison)

6E30ECA8-D12D-42E9-826E-95822DA4453B.jpeg

Attachments

• 5892B3CE-FD20-45B0-9608-C21A5800A96E.jpeg
    5892B3CE-FD20-45B0-9608-C21A5800A96E.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely they will say that its within their quality allowance...
I would have them make note and document in your vehicle's records. If the seam later fails or you find other quality issues which you wish to pursue it will show a trend.

R,
HAP

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
Mine is the same way on the passenger side. It's annoying, but not worth a trip to argue with the local dealer IMO.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People need to understand just because it is a Raptor, it is still a F150 which you can buy with rubber floorings and a “cassette player”. Yes it is FORD Performance but that is really the engineering to make it a raptor. Same goes with the 3 series and the ///M3. Guys forget your 100k super auto gets it’s roots in eco line mass produced vehicles

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Great. Now I will have to check that out the next time when I get in the truck.

edit: Went out and looked. Both of mine are identical and look similar to your driver side pic. I'd be shocked if that was something that Ford would entertain replacing. It reminds me of someone on here who was complaining about how the red strip on their steering wheel was like 2 degrees off with the wheels faced straight ahead.

Last edited:

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe you even noticed that. Took my awhile to see what you were even talking about. Smear some mud on it and you won't even see it anymore. Then starbucks