Drive without front axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And yeah its leaking from front diff hole i thought it was completely sealed off but apparently not guess the shaft makes a seal and doesnt let fluid roll out i stuff a rag in there for now.
That is what the red seal does in the picture... it seals against the axle shaft and keeps the fluid in.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you really wanted or need to, you could always disassemble the cv joint and installs he inner housing on the driver’s side.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will. how did you break it? Rent a truck from Home Depot. cheapest option. but I assume its too late since you already have it apart. Why would it even cross someones mind that it can be driven by choice. to much of a risk of damaging something

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I will. how did you break it? Rent a truck from Home Depot. cheapest option. but I assume its too late since you already have it apart. Why would it even cross someones mind that it can be driven by choice. to much of a risk of damaging something
LOL. Awesome. Never thought of renting from HD. :)

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Awesome. Never thought of renting from HD. :)
$129 a day, $19 for 75 minutes. unlimited miles. just fill it back up. easier than any other rental place. and very inexpensive considering the damage that can be done.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
No.
Ok only to get you home while you are off road; field expedient repair. Get you back to civilization and that’s it.

I got grounded one time at a Ducati stealership. the conversation went like this

service mgr. “Look, Smurf, got some good news and some bad news. We got your service done, but we can’t let you ride the bike. There’s a safety recall on the fuel system. hose from the fuel pump can come loose. We have to inspect, replace any defective parts. your bike has one of the defective clamps and could come loose”.

me: Can’t I just ride home, bring it back when you have the part handy?
( as soon as I got the sentence out, I knew how stupid it sounded in context, but, before I could speak )

service mgr: “Smurf, the bike could literally, spontaneously combust. With you on it. No."

You’re grounded. Be patient, don’t be foolish.

Smurf didn't listen and tried to go home anyways...

download (2).jpeg

amschind

Reaction score
I salvaged the diffs from my old Exploder, which basically has the same rear as these trucks do in the front. The diff oil will leave the differential when the CV shaft is not in place.....I know this because I had to throw a pair of gloves and a shirt away when I got home.

OP
OP
N

nate_13

Reaction score
It was my fault i ripped a boot and totally forgot about it and went mudding and ended up with trash in the housing putting the cage in a bind and snapped it