Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my roadtrip experience in and around the Malibu/Hollywood areas, not bad. The pain in the ass part is parking garages, most are designed for cars and not tall trucks. Certain hotels I can’t stay at due to height restrictions.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford to put gas in it drive over top some of those drivers!!! Was there this weekend… here’s a couple of prices I saw while hitting the gas station heading back to Arizona. Those were not even the worst prices either. The highest that caught my attention were around Coachella; $6.75 for diesel.

Attachments

• 3D2AD11B-B4F8-43DC-8296-647DE1C925AB.png
    3D2AD11B-B4F8-43DC-8296-647DE1C925AB.png
    452.4 KB · Views: 9

Boeing777

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm moving to LA, CA. Wondering how bad is it to drive the raptor in LA as a daily commute car? Is it doable or too much trouble?
I drive my raptor to Los Angeles from Austin Texas and once you hit California is five dollars a gallon unleaded and six if you run in super be prepared to add a smaller vehicle to your fleet So the gas won’t kill you you tell my daily drive and you looking at $600 a month in fuel

mannyrap3

Reaction score
Welcome To LA! Born and raised in L.A for over 30 years now. Like most people said everything depends where you are going. DTLA traffic and most freeway suck. The heaviest traffic hours are usually 6:00am-9ish and 2:30-6:30/7 pm. I still live in LA work from 6:00am-3:00pm and my Commute is about 40 min with traffic, without traffic usually 20min.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can afford to put gas in it drive over top some of those drivers!!! Was there this weekend… here’s a couple of prices I saw while hitting the gas station heading back to Arizona. Those were not even the worst prices either. The highest that caught my attention were around Coachella; $6.75 for diesel.
Costco here is the way to go for best prices. $5.22 yesterday for 87!!!