Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh good someone finally moving out of Austin to LALA land vs incoming freaks from LA who are destroying TX.

Because of the freaks moving to Austin it's pretty much crime central now, but LA is on a different level. Your Raptor will be stolen within a week of being there...have fun.
One nice thing about the LA/OC area is raptors are a dime a dozen and don’t particularly stand out. I will wouldn’t park overnight on the street in several areas in LA though.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, my condolences. I’m just a bit south in OC. I think it’s doable depending on where you’re living/working and what your commute is. The roads in SoCal are so terrible you basically need a Baja truck to navigate them anyway.
Part of the reason I bought a Raptor; IL refuses to maintain roads south of Chicago.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will be fine and if not you won’t lose much selling it. As pointed out above. Biggest issue is where do you plan on parking when you get “home.” Everything else is just a learning curve. I don’t have mine yet but through about this a bunch.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I guess it depends on where in LA, which direction your commute is, and what time you are commuting. I commuted in mine for a few months and it wasn’t bad. Either way on the 405 or west on the 10 during commute hours and you’re screwed though.