Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from parking situation, I've noticed more road rage and stupid drivers. I know, stupid drivers always existed, but these past two years since pandemic, i've seen noticeable increase. Lot's of aggressive driving on tight roads and freeways. I witnessed one on 405 near LAX, as i was watching the cars change lanes, i said to myself they are going to bump. Sure enough by inches which one driver would not give up caused major accident, almost flipping car and rolling as its rear end went up the center divider. Just give yourself more room. Oh, and be careful of the 3 car bumper insurance scammers. Front car breaks , you break, one behind hits you, while first one takes off. They aren't targeting prius's for these scams.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I live outside of Boston now & am from there originally, but have traveled & do travel regularly throughout the country & world. For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around why the F it’s so damn expensive to live here when it sucks so bad on so many levels. At least Cali has the weather/scenery….that being said, whatever advantages CA has over MA in the aesthetics dept, it fully gives them back & then some in the “everything else” category…..but….I’m sorry to tell ya this but Boston has surpassed even LA in terms of having the worst commuter traffic in the nation. Enjoy ;-)
Im about 4 hrs north of Boston and haven’t been in years. Im assuming the roads are just as nice as they used to be lol

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily mine in NYC. Sometimes really fun - IDGAF about the roads, sidewalks, rats, etc. Parking for work isn't an issue for me but if I want to move around and get dinner somewhere or something along those lines then it can be a bit of a headache. For example, went down to "little Italy" for dinner and my raptor took up 1/3 of the street when parked.

Attachments

• 20211023_195129.jpg
    20211023_195129.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 41

MrLiou168

Reaction score
I did the same, but from NY metro to the Inland Empire. For those of you who complain about LA drivers, try New York or New Jersey... those folks will reset your expectations! I actually see some semblance of lane discipline in SoCal but heck maybe my standards are just really low. Parking and traffic can suck but lack of snow/salt means the roads are really not terrible. Also, throwing your turn signal on here doesn't tell drivers next to you to speed up and close the gap as a giant middle finger. Ha!

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm moving to LA, CA. Wondering how bad is it to drive the raptor in LA as a daily commute car? Is it doable or too much trouble?
Is driving a prius doable? Do you have a license? Have you seen Eddie the Eagle? I think you could do.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily mine in NYC. Sometimes really fun - IDGAF about the roads, sidewalks, rats, etc. Parking for work isn't an issue for me but if I want to move around and get dinner somewhere or something along those lines then it can be a bit of a headache. For example, went down to "little Italy" for dinner and my raptor took up 1/3 of the street when parked.

Haha love it. I went to dinner in the city recently. Restaurant was on Elizabeth between Houston and Prince, found parking right in front but had to use about 4 inches of curb as part of my parking space just to be sure no one clipped my car driving by. Apparently that is a ticketable offense. Oh well. Looks cool as hell in the city. Definitely a rare sight.

eorodriguez30

Reaction score
Ive lived in Cali all my life and as long as you dont live in of LA or San Francisco Your fine. Outside of those areas a Raptor fits anywhere hassle free since 80% of people own trucks. So All the small Farming towns in the valley and everywhere else are great to live in. If it wasnt for the Big Cities California would be a red state for sure

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Agreed, as long as you are out of the major cities it's all good. Same in San Diego, I wouldn't want one if I lived Downtown, but it is no issue if you live outside the hustle.

I also agree that the big cities are blue but the rest of CA is probably red.

There is tons of good off-roading in Cali without too much of a drive.