Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have my condolences. LA is a God-forsaken place. My family is from there going back generations and I am so glad we all got out.
I did have my Raptor while there for 2 months and it stayed in the garage while I drove a sedan the entire time. Tried taking it out a few times and even parking structures aren’t big enough.
Maybe you answered why in the thread but I’ll tell you. $100K a year in LA is enough to share an apartment. Buying a home? Forget about it. My wife’s family is an hour away and their house could go for $800K and it’s a sh*thole.
All that said, I hope you thrive there.

hapijohn

Reaction score
Oh good someone finally moving out of Austin to LALA land vs incoming freaks from LA who are destroying TX.

Because of the freaks moving to Austin it's pretty much crime central now, but LA is on a different level. Your Raptor will be stolen within a week of being there...have fun.
Ummm no
I’m coming from OC Ca to Houston.
I try to be an upstanding citizen and also
There’s a reason we left Ca.
Not trying to change Houston, just trying to integrate and follow customs here.
I love the 2nd Amendment and the freedoms here.
From what I’ve been told (haven’t seen it yet) is that Austin, Fort Worth, and Dallas are pretty gentrified .‍♂️
As far as crime, it’s everywhere and all cities have their good areas and bad areas.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a motorcycle in LA, only way to deal with traffic. Legal to ride the slot there unlike other states. But I hated growing up and working in SO CAL so I left years ago. Get ready for anxiety and road rage drivers, good luck.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LA sucks - I changed our companies work hours from 5:30AM to 2:00PM just avoid traffic congestion everybody is happy. Works great. I do not drive my Raptor daily to big, doesn't fit LA in parking garages - too tall and most parking spaces are for small compact cars. I did drive it during the most recent riots and during any local nuance events because it moves cars 12,000LB winch & people easily. If you bought a Raptor - don't complain about gas prices especially if you voted for Biden and NEWSCUM I don't and didn't.
I bought my wife a Ford Ranger and modified it - It fits in parking spaces and garages. It is also faster than my First Gen and goes up and down curbs as well as 2' of air with out problems.
I Daly drive a 2004 Base model Toyota Tacoma to and from work because it fits on a standard side walk between a building and street sign. Also if it gets totaled - I will just buy another - Cheap to insure and purchase and it has a bed. If I am speeding the police just drive by me and ticket the vehicle next to me - Happened several times.
I mostly use my raptor for towing toys or long remote distance traveling. I recommend you purchase a POS to beat everyday in LA and use your Raptor for what it was made to do.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who the hell still lives in Commiefornia or is moving to Calif? Wow I used to live in that 3rd world hell hole, but escaped several years ago, thank god for that. Good luck in LA hope you have great insurance lots of truck thief’s there so my advice is keep moving albeit at 5 miles per hour but keep movin…

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh damn!

This makes me glad i was born and raised in the sticks. Ive been to Boston Ma a few times and thats a bit much LOL.
I live outside of Boston now & am from there originally, but have traveled & do travel regularly throughout the country & world. For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around why the F it’s so damn expensive to live here when it sucks so bad on so many levels. At least Cali has the weather/scenery….that being said, whatever advantages CA has over MA in the aesthetics dept, it fully gives them back & then some in the “everything else” category…..but….I’m sorry to tell ya this but Boston has surpassed even LA in terms of having the worst commuter traffic in the nation. Enjoy ;-)