Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgh

Reaction score
Dude, I think you would get more pleasure in nailing your ****** to a tree stump and setting it on fire.

PRod

Reaction score
I used to travel to work in LA from Texas once a month. The commute is any major city traffic. The issue is parking, especially the tiny parking lots or street parking that are meant for small cars to parallel park. You will spend a lot of time driving to find somewhere to park or walking after parking because you parked several blocks away. That will also be a huge pain bro. Good luck!

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t imagine a better vehicle to drive everywhere on earth basically (maybe a 911, but a non-Safari 911 can’t do desert runs sadly). I’ve driven my Gen 2 extensively in NYC, Boston, DC, and Philadelphia. I live in Philadelphia, and it is a great city car. I know that sounds crazy but it’s a wonderful cocoon to be in, and soaks up potholes quite nicely (as long as you’re not insane and keeping your tires at 45 psi lol). Parking is made easy thanks to the 360 camera. It’s great in traffic thanks to adaptive cruise control. I say drive it everywhere and drive it daily. A

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a daily driver, depends on where you are commuting to but be prepared for traffic no matter where. Main concern I have is the parking, like someone else has mentioned, some garages have low ceilings. I always check before at the height restrictions if I go some place new. Also, around downtown some lots have tried to charge double just because I was in a truck. Gas prices suck, last fill up was $165. Get a Cosco or Sam's club membership for best prices.

Sethrad

Reaction score
#1: I left that ****** shit hole nearly four years ago. I won’t even go back to visit.
#2: Depending upon where you live (I lived in Brentwood), you may not be able to drive your truck on a 2-way street, depending upon parking rules. Heck, some days I couldn’t drive my GL63 on my street without having to pull into someone’s driveway so someone else could get by.
#3: Depending upon your springs and shocks, you may not fit in a parking structure.
#4: You’ll never be able to park in a strip mall with their subcompact car parking spaces.
#5: There’s no better ride in traffic than a Raptor to **** off all the greenies who drive electrics and who cause the traffic because they ran out of electricity in the middle of said freeway.

KRGKen

Reaction score
As long as you know how to drive your truck it is not an issue commuting in it, parking can be a bit of a hassle so depending on your work parking lot could be easy or hard. Other than that the traffic is bad and yes you will sit in it but hey the Raptor is comfortable so could be worse.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
If I, were you and you don't have a choice on going to LA I would store the Raptor and buy anything small that gets good gas mileage and with a manual transmission. 99% of thieves are too stupid to know how to drive a manual so they won't steal it!