Drive Raptor in LA as daily commute car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As @MFNG implied, I think your daily frustration level would be highly correlated to your parking situation at home/work. I live in Atlanta where the traffic sucks, but that's not really a pain point. As a matter of fact, the torque is handy in maneuvering in traffic if you need to and it's a nice and comfortable place to be if you've got a long commute. I'm lucky to have a garage at home that the truck fits in (not a lot of slop though) and park on a near empty floor of a parking garage at work. Everywhere else I tend to park in the back of the parking lot, if there is one and try to find wide end spots.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As @MFNG implied, I think your daily frustration level would be highly correlated to your parking situation at home/work. I live in Atlanta where the traffic sucks, but that's not really a pain point. As a matter of fact, the torque is handy in maneuvering in traffic if you need to and it's a nice and comfortable place to be if you've got a long commute. I'm lucky to have a garage at home that the truck fits in (not a lot of slop though) and park on a near empty floor of a parking garage at work. Everywhere else I tend to park in the back of the parking lot, if there is one and try to find wide end spots.
+1 for back of the parking lot but some d o u c h e will park next to you just to get a rise!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In rush hour, you’ll spend more time idling than driving and then When traffic starts to move its on brake hard, on gas hard, on brake hard. It will take you awhile to get used to detour routes and depending on where you live and work. KTLA has good road reports, I would watch that while you drink your coffee in the morning, their traffic commute times are pretty accurate. There’s always construction too, hopefully you’re coming from a high traffic city already or you will need to take zanax before you get in your raptor.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Oh good someone finally moving out of Austin to LALA land vs incoming freaks from LA who are destroying TX.

Because of the freaks moving to Austin it's pretty much crime central now, but LA is on a different level. Your Raptor will be stolen within a week of being there...have fun.