Drive modes not available error message. Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen3raaaptor

Reaction score
as @HighwaySentinel mentioned, check your wires. i had been dealing withh the same issue for 7-8 MONTHS, dealership was never able to solved it. i just checked mine, and one was rubbing!!! I'm going tomorrow to call them out. Left picture is how it should be, right is the one that came loosed and was tripping the wires!!! thank you brother!

Attachments

• IMG-6803 (1).jpg
    IMG-6803 (1).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-6801.jpg
    IMG-6801.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 18

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can look in the truck after these calls I am on. The basics was that I had to take it in when the drive mode fault was present. Then they diagnosed it to identify the shock solenoid issue (I told them where to look based on feedback here, they confirmed). For the OTA issue, all the service advisor said was that the updates started coming in after they replaced the module.
If you are able to send it to me too that would be SO appreciated. Been in twice for this happening, they identified loss of connection with front passenger, and have simply reprogrammed it both times. Hasn’t happened again, but I’m expecting it to and would love evidence to press them into just replacing the solenoid.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I'll add that when it had rubbed raw and was just hanging freely, it would give the fault. I zip tied it up away from where it rubbed and then had no fault. I cut the zip tie off before going to the dealer though. It faulted immediately.