Drive Modes / Exhaust Modes Pros and Cons

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Posts
252
Reaction score
307
Location
IN
I like sport mode and Baja exhaust 80% of the time. The other 20% of winter I have rolled around on slow roads with my windows down in normal mode with Baja exhaust. I get jealous that other people hear it more than I get to in the cab. Lol.

My boys are all nuts and always want the windows down anyway. Works out for all of us.
 

1vision33

Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2021
Posts
42
Reaction score
70
Location
San Jose, CA
I’ve been driving mostly in Normal/Normal, but I’ve found myself switching the exhaust into quiet more than I thought I would.

I will say this though, Sport mode (not in manual) has been really impressive when it comes to downshifting at high speeds and holding gears. @Pitboss02 and @Cookie Monster I’ve driven HWY 17 three times now in Sport mode and it drives really well. Mileage is pretty decent on the HWY but around town it’s been crap… but to be fair, I’m still in the “new fun toy/slightly heavy foot mode” at stop lights :)
 

CodeOrangeGen3

Active Member
Joined
May 13, 2021
Posts
96
Reaction score
71
Location
Austin, TX
When I am in the truck by myself, it is Sport mode and Baja exhaust. When the wife is in the car it is in Normal mode. Can't comment on the gas mileage differences as I don't really pay attention to that. I get like 14 - 15 mpg overall. I have 35s, not 37s.
Exact same answer from me. ha
 

sonoma35

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2021
Posts
8
Reaction score
56
Location
Geyserville, CA
Just put 2500 miles on in a few days, played around with some of the modes. Most of the flat long stretches of interstate I kept it in Normal mode and exhaust. Going through some towns I’d switch to Sport mode and Baja exhaust. Very impressed with the fuel mileage, getting 17 mpg with it
 

tm965

Full Access Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Posts
266
Reaction score
380
Location
NOVA
still on the tank of what i presume is 87 from the dealer. getting 12mpg. like the different exhaust modes. find myself cycling through them all depending on what im doing. keep it in sport mode the majority of the time
 

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Posts
163
Reaction score
284
Location
Canton GA
at first I was getting 14mpg, now its around 14.7 mostly city type driving. We took it on a long road trip and I got 15.8, loaded with 3 people and suitcases, all premium gas, had it in normal exhaust on that trip. 2700 miles on it now. around the town its usually baja, sport, although if you do need/want to go above the speed limit the quite mode might have a purpose, just saying. There are times to broadcast and times to be as stealthy as possible.....
 

speed77

Active Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Posts
61
Reaction score
85
Location
Chicago
Does Baja exhaust impact the gas mileage? I wouldn’t presume so - figured it would only be the driving modes that impact mpg
 
Top